- #H73243 000003000 H73243000003000
Selmer Paris Series II Model 54 Jubilee Edition Tenor Saxophone
54JBL - Black Lacquer
- Write a Review
The Jubilee Edition saxophones replace the standard Super Action 80 Series II and Super Action 80 series III saxophones. Jubilee Series instruments a...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A more aesthetically elegant sax with redesigned features that are lighter and more responsive.
The Jubilee Edition saxophones replace the standard Super Action 80 Series II and Super Action 80 series III saxophones. Jubilee Series instruments are more aesthetically elegant and offer redesigned features that are lighter and more responsive. Series II Model 54 Jubilee Edition Tenor Saxophone is a tenor that can do it all. Whether you are playing jazz or classical music or anything in between, the Model 54 is the right choice for any application.
The Super Action 80 Series saxophones have been the professional choice for a generation and continue to be the most popular professional saxophone in the world. The reasons are clear: they all possess a flexible but centered tone that is natural in almost any playing situation. Yellow brass body tubes and keys resonate across the entire timbre spectrum: full-ribbed construction enhances their durability. The Series' superior intonation characteristics make these saxophone a natural choice for any professional or those who aspire to be.
125 years of experience have enabled Selmer Paris to create the acoustic and aesthetic alchemy of the saxophone and become the main architect of its evolution. With the jubilee celebration saxophones, Selmer lays the foundation for a new visual identity of the instrument, while keeping intact its sound conception and the creativity of its ergonomics.
In keeping with the French jeweler's tradition, the new engraving is thinner thanks to an new outline technique, comes to decorate the bell and the bow, doubled on the bell-to-bow ring by the original signature of the Founder, Henri Selmer. A new lacquer optimizes the quality of the play of light through shades of "gold" tone in the instrument's reflection.
The neck key is redesigned through a lighter mechanism and subtly thinner outlines, thus becoming more elegant. In order to fulfill this new visual balance, the geometry of the "S" neck is imperceptibly modernized on a deep blue background even more recognizable.
The new "S125" Anniversary mouthpiece (alto and tenor) gives a final touch to the aesthetic dynamics of the instrument, including a brass ring that optimizes the acoustic resonance potential of the instrument.
- The S125 Anniversary mouthpiece offers dynamic aesthetics and an optimized acoustic resonance
- Gold tone lacquer offers more warmth and presence
- A new style of outline engraving highlights a thinner, more elegant and elaborate design from the bell to the bow, with Henri Selmer's signature on the connecting ring.
- A redesigned octave neck key has a lighter mechanism and subtly thinner outlines
- The bow-to-bow ring displays the original signature of Henri Selmer
- 100% French manufactured
- The included accessory kit features the latest Selmer Paris top-of-the-range accessory line including strap, swab, cloth, and cork grease
Order the professional's choice.
- Model: Jubilee Series II 54 Tenor Saxophone
- Acoustics: Series II body style-full sound
- Necks: Series II bore
- Construction: full ribs
- Body material: yellow brass
- Mouthpiece: S125
- Table opening/length): 1.80mm/25mm (0.070 "/0.98")
- Mechanism: compact key positioning - closer to the body anddirectly under the hand
- Range: high F# key
- Front F key: spatula
- Left-hand thumb rest: plastic
- Right-hand thumb rest: plastic adjustable
- Adjusting screws: high F, G# key, F#/G# lug, F#/G#, adjusting bar,low C#, low B, side C, side Bb
- Pivot screws: tapered
- Needle springs: blued steel
- Pads: treated leather with metal resonators
- Finish options: Honey gold Lacquer (54JU), Matte Lacquer (54JM), Black Lacquer (54JBL), Silver-Plated (54JS), Gold-Plated (54JGP)
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.