- #H73283 000002000 H73283000002000
Selmer Paris Series II Model 55AF Jubilee Edition Baritone Saxophone
55AFJS - Silver Plated
- Write a Review
The Jubilee Edition saxophones replace the standard Super Action 80 Series II and Super Action 80 Series III saxophones. Jubilee Series instruments a...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
An elegant workhorse with a hug sound!
The Jubilee Edition saxophones replace the standard Super Action 80 Series II and Super Action 80 Series III saxophones. Jubilee Series instruments are more aesthetically elegant and offer redesigned features that are lighter and more responsive. The Selmer Paris Series II Model 55 Jubilee Edition Baritone Saxophone is a workhorse that offers a huge sound with a large core throughout every range of the instrument in an elegant package.
The Super Action 80 Series saxophones have been the professional choice for a generation and continue to be the most popular professional saxophone in the world. The reasons are clear: they all possess a flexible but centered tone that is natural in almost any playing situation. Yellow brass body tubes and keys resonate across the entire timbre spectrum: full-ribbed construction enhances their durability. The Series' superior intonation characteristics make these saxophone a natural choice for any professional or those who aspire to be.
<Strong>1885-2010 Selmer celebrates its Jubilee! </Strong> <br>
125 years of experience have enabled Selmer Paris to create the acoustic and aesthetic alchemy of the saxophone and become the main architect of its evolution. With the jubilee celebration saxophones, Selmer lays the foundation for a new visual identity of the instrument, while keeping intact its sound conception and the creativity of its ergonomics.
In keeping with the French jeweler's tradition, the new engraving is thinner thanks to an new outline technique, comes to decorate the bell and the bow, doubled on the bell-to-bow ring by the original signature of the Founder, Henri Selmer. A new lacquer optimizes the quality of the play of light through shades of "gold" tone in the instrument's reflection.
The neck key is redesigned through a lighter mechanism and subtly thinner outlines, thus becoming more elegant. In order to fulfill this new visual balance, the geometry of the "S" neck is imperceptibly modernized on a deep blue background even more recognizable.
- A redesigned octave neck key has a lighter mechanism and subtly thinner outlines
- Gold tone lacquer offers more warmth and presence
- A new style of outline engraving highlights a thinner, more elegant and elaborate design from the bell to the bow, with Henri Selmer's signature on the connecting ring.
- The bow-to-bow ring displays the original signature of Henri Selmer
- 100% French manufactured
- The included accessory kit features the latest Selmer Paris top-of-the-range accessory line including strap, swab, cloth, and cork grease
Order the professional's choice with elegant appointments!
- Model: Series II Model 55AF Jubilee Edition Baritone Saxophone
- Acoustics: one-piece body style
- Range: Low A - High F#
- Construction: split ribs
- Brass: brass alloy
- Mechanism: compact key positioning - closer to the body anddirectly under the hand
- Mouthpiece: Selmer S80 C
- Front F Key: spatula
- Left-hand thumb rest: plastic
- Right-hand thumb rest: metal, adjustable
- Adjusting screws: high E & F, low B table key, G# key, F#/G# lug, F#/G# adjusting bar, low C#, low B, side C, side Bb
- Pivot screws: tapered
- Needle springs: blued steel
- Pads: treated kid leather with metal resonators - projection
- Finishes: honey gold lacquer (55AFJ), black lacquer (55AFJBL), silver-plated (55AFJS), matte lacquer (55AFJM)
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Cost Way Too Much
- Quality Craftsmanship
- Too Expensive
- Big Bands
- Jazz Clubs
- Small Venues
Comments about Selmer Paris Series II Model 55AF Jubilee Edition Baritone Saxophone:
It's a good thing Selmer makes such a quality instrument. It's going to take many years for it to pay for itself.