- Write a Review
Easy to play, inspiring to hear.
For a clarinet to play as an extension of your soul, each piece of wood must be painstakingly selected, each tonehole masterfully crafted, each key evenly balanced and each pad perfectly sealed, all in pursuit of this: The Backun Clarinet. Its sound is mellow and creamy, though with velocity you can invoke some real fire. Rich and colorful, its tone is solid through the range of the instrument. Ergonomically, it offers a familiar spread to any player who has played the industry standard professional clarinets. Perfect resistance, ease of play and a tone that can become your own have made the Backun clarinets a favorite among committed players. Available in grenadilla and cocobolo. Select from dropdown menu.
- BMS Modular Posting System designed to make key fitting and refitting precise and effortless (Patent Pending)
- Combination carbon fiber and titanium upper and lower joints for an uncompromising fit and seal (Patent Pending)
- Revolutionary trill key design with enlarged finger buttons and an independent guide system to maintain superior alignment
- Unique thumb rest that is fully adjustable by the player “ aiding in correct hand positioning, comfort and stability
- Precision keywork fit on a unique proprietary posting system manufactured in-house “ for long-term reliability and true touch sensitivity
- Backun Acoustical Design with selected matching upper and lower joints for amazing tuning and voicing
Order today and experience what select woods and great design can do.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.