- #H74541 000001000 H74541000001000
Yamaha Custom YSS-82Z Series Professional Soprano Saxophone with Curved Neck
- Write a Review
he Custom Z soprano models are reminiscent of vintage Yamaha soprano saxophone designs. Based on the scale and design of the classic '62' models, Cus...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Distinctive designs offer players beautiful tonal colors.
he Custom Z soprano models are reminiscent of vintage Yamaha soprano saxophone designs. Based on the scale and design of the classic '62' models, Custom Z saxes have bodies that are made of a special brass alloy for lighter weight, a great playing 'feel', and the kind of tonal flexibility you've always dreamed of. The Z plays evenly in all ranges, and gives the player a huge dynamic range for as much - or as little - sound as you want.
Available in four finishes: gold baked epoxy lacquer (YSS-82ZR); silver-plated (YSS-82ZRS); black lacquer (YSS-82ZRB); un-lacquered (YDD-82ZRU). Each finish offers players a unique tonal color. Note: On un-lacquered models, the finish will be polished upon arrival and gradually morph over time to resemble the picture shown here. Rate of change and eventual finish will vary based on the player, amount of use, and environment the horn is stored in.
The Custom Z saxes have unparalleled tonal flexibility for confident performance in all styles of music, and there's no need to sacrifice comfort for sound.
- Lower vent tube design reduces noise
- Key post rib plate has solid feel and enhances resonance
- Newly designed comfortable, ergonomic keys
- Adjusting pivot screw
- Hand engraving style on bell adds beauty and style
- Adjustable thumb rest
- Available in four finishes
Order a horn with unparalleled tonal flexibility!
Custom YSS-82Z Series Professional Soprano Saxophone with Curved Neck
- Level: Custom
Body material: French brass, 1 piece
Bell material: French brass
Key material: yellow brass
Key buttons: mother-of-pearl
Finishes: gold baked epoxy lacquer (YSS-82ZR); silver-plated (YSS-82ZRS); black lacquer (YSS-82ZRB); unlacquered (YDD-82ZRU)
Tone holes: drawn
Auxiliary keys: front F and high F#
Mouthpiece: Yamaha 4CM
Mouthpiece cap: yellow brass; gold lacquer or silver-plated
Ligature: yellow brass; gold lacquer or silver-plated
Spring type: blue steel needle
Pad type: waterproof leather and wool felt with plastic tone boosters
Bell decoration: hand engraved
Thumb hook: adjustable plastic
Pivot screw: bullet tip design with head
Mounting: ribbed and flanged
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.