- #H82868 000001000 H82868000001000
Yamaha YAS-480 Intermediate Eb Alto Saxophone
- Write a Review
With a design influenced by high-end Yamaha saxophones, the Yamaha YAS-480 alto saxophone features highly accurate intonation, a warm tone and a quic...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Intermediate redesigned alto saxophone from Yamaha.
With a design influenced by high-end Yamaha saxophones, the Yamaha YAS-480 alto saxophone features highly accurate intonation, a warm tone and a quick response. It is lightweight yet durable, and comes with a professional-quality 62-style neck for a more mature quality of sound.
The hand-engraved pattern on the YAS-480 bell adds an extra touch of class, and endears the instrument to its owner. The redesigned octave key system gives players the flexibility to choose between the included 62-style neck and those designed for the Custom Z and Custom EX Yamaha saxophones. The included new 62-style neck has been redesigned for improved tone and response.
The separate key guards feature adjustable screw cap stoppers for professional-style technical adjustments, and the left-hand seesaw key has been designed to increase playability as well as provide a more comfortable feel. The YAS-480 features an improved mechanism from low B-C# ensures the consistent closing of the low C# key and promotes a clear response from notes in the low range of the instrument.
- Hand engraving
- Compatible with Custom Yamaha necks
- Enhanced neck
- Key guard
- Left-hand seesaw key
- Improved Low B-C# connection
Order now for the improved intermediate horn from Yamaha, the last horn you'll need until the last horn you'll ever buy.
- Level: Intermediate
- Key of Eb
- Neck: Annealed; Original YAS-62 design
- Neck: Material Yellow Brass
- Body: Material Yellow Brass
- Key: Material Yellow Brass
- Key: Buttons Polyester
- Tone Holes: Drawn
- Auxiliary Keys: Front F; High F# Key
- Mouthpiece: AS-4C
- Mouthpiece Cap: Plastic
- Ligature: Yellow Brass; Clear Lacquer
- Spring Type: Stainless Steel
- Pad Type: Waterproof leather and wool felt with plastic tone boosters
- Bell Decoration: Stamped
- Thumb Hook: Adjustable Plastic
- Pivot Screw: Straight-tapered with head, nylon lock (adjustable)
- Mounting: Post on Body
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.