- #J08935 000002000 J08935000002000
Yamaha YOB-841 Series Oboe Kingwood
American Bore, 3rd Octave Key, Ebonite Lined
- Write a Review
The YOB-441 is made of the finest quality aged and seasoned kingwood for a rich professional sound. A Kingwood body has a soft tone and can be played...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Soft and warm intermediate oboe.
The YOB-441 is made of the finest quality aged and seasoned kingwood for a rich professional sound. A Kingwood body has a soft tone and can be played in good harmony with other wind and string instruments. The comfortable and cozy tone suits chamber music. The size and placement of the toneholes is the same as Yamaha's Custom models, giving even and accurate intonation and making the 441 the most 'Professional' sounding intermediate model you will ever find.
The new bore design, which incorporates vertical integration is similar to that of the YOB-841 professional model. This results in improved projection and improved tonal quality. Also similar to the YOB-841 professional model, the new tone hole design provides the player with a smooth even response and improved intonation. Skilled artisans braze and adjust all keys on Yamaha oboes by hand to optimize the balance of each instrument.
As a result of using stainless steel, the screws will be more resistant to corrosiion and will ensure a smooth, reliable action. The French taper design will allow for precise adjustment. Likewise, durability, key balance and a more comfortable feel are all benefits of using stainless steel as the spring material.
Comes with hardshell case and case cover.
- Newly designed, highly polished bore
- Handworked keys
- Newly designed undercut tone holes
- Nickel silver bell ring
- Stainless steel French taper screws
- Stainless steel needle springs
Advancing nicely on your instrument? It's time to step up. Order today.
YOB-841 Series Oboe Kingwood
- System: Conservatoire (semi-automatic octave system)
- Bore style: American
- Key systems: Identical to models without the 'L' suffix
- Mechanical features: Left-hand F key, Fork F resonance key, Low Bb resonance (vent)
- Trill keys: Low B-C#, low C-Db, C#-D#, D#-E, F#-G#, G#-A, Ab-Bb, A#-B, B-C#, left C-D, right C-D
- Pads: 9 cork, 14 felt pads
- Body material: Kingwood Inner-pipe (upper joint)
- Key materials: Silver-plated nickel silver keys
- Toneholes: POM resin (except metal octave vents)
- Options: With 3rd Octave Key (YOB-841LT)
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.