- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Behringer S32 Digital Snake
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J24081 000000000 J24081000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Digital mixing has revolutionized virtually everything in the live-entertainment production workflow. The ultra-affordable S32 digital stage box brid...Click To Read More About This Product
This I/O box offers 32 remote-controllable MIDAS preamps, 16 outs and AES50 networking with Klark Teknik SuperMAC technology.
Digital mixing has revolutionized virtually everything in the live-entertainment production workflow. The ultra-affordable S32 digital stage box bridges the gap between the onstage talent, front-of-house (FOH) console and the rest of the world with its ultra-fast and rock-solid performance.
The S32 provides 32 MIDAS-designed remote-controllable mic preamps, plus 16 balanced analog XLR returns at the stage end – and all it takes is a single Cat 5e cable (up to 328'/100 m).
MIDAS Legendary Sound Quality
Ever since its formation in the 1970s, MIDAS has had a long history of innovation and leadership in the world of audio mixing consoles. Employed by the most famous touring acts and installations worldwide, legendary MIDAS consoles, such as the XL4 and Heritage H3000, quickly became industry standards.
MIDAS has earned their impeccable reputation due to their no-compromise approach for audio and build quality, and in particular for their Award-winning mic preamps, which are considered by industry experts as the industry’s best sounding designs. Building on this legacy, the XL8 and PRO Series of Live Mixing Systems continue this great heritage of award-winning audio quality.
When used as part of a complete X32 system, two S32 stage boxes can be connected via the mixer’s built-in dual AES50 ports, providing connectivity for up to 64 remote mic/line inputs, 32 balanced outputs and the awesome POWERPLAY P-16 Personal Monitoring System – which can feed up to 16 individual monitor mixes via CAT5 to every musician on stage. When 32 inputs are not enough, an S32 Stage Box may also be cascaded with an S16 or SD16 for full use of the 48-channel bidirectional capacity of AES50 SuperMAC networking on just one CAT5 line. Behrnger also includes two optical ADAT outputs and two AES-3 (AES/EBU) stereo outputs for digitally connecting to outboard devices, such as PA system controllers. The S32 also features a convenient USB port for system updates via your PC – plus MIDI I/O for your lighting systems and sound module control.
Ecosystem and Beyond
The S32 was initially designed with Behringer's flagship X32 Digital Mixing Console in mind, but any mixing board with AES50 networking capability can still tap directly into the S32’s powerful feature set. For instance, an S32 and X32 CORE can be used to create an amazing power-combo for remote-controlled digital mixing in only 4U. While the X32 CORE may be used to run an independent monitor mix, it can also relay and share all I/O with the FOH – whether you are using an X32 Series console, or any other digital mixer that supports MADI, Dante, ADAT or AES50 I/O. There are reasonably priced option cards (sold separately) to replace the standard 32 x 32 channel USB interface for exactly that purpose. You can even choose to run the complete show from the stage rack’s X32 CORE via Behringer remote control apps. And since the S32 and X32 CORE communicate via AES50, they don’t even have to live in the same physical rack, but can be separated by up to 100 m (328') of CAT5 cabling, if that is more convenient for your venue.
Ultranet – Seamless Integration
The world-renowned engineers at Klark Teknik, MIDAS, Turbosound and Behringer have all come together to create something Ultranet, a truly revolutionary technology that seamlessly transmits up to 16 independent channels of 24-bit digital audio and control data via a single Cat 5e cable between compatible digital devices – including mixers, I/O stage boxes, powered loudspeakers and personal monitoring systems. Advantages realized through Ultranet digital networking, versus traditional analog methods, include: all audio signals are impervious to Radio Frequency Interference (RFI); signal crosstalk is eliminated, and ease of use translates directly into a significant amount of time saved during show setup or installation. Ultranet effectuates a powerful digital eco-system that gives you unparalleled ease of deployment, performance and control for Behringer P16 Personal Monitoring Systems and Turbosound iQ Speaker Series.
Dual AES50 Ports for Massive Connectivity
Klark Teknik SuperMAC (AES50-Compliant) technology gives the S32 its high-capacity, ultra-low latency digital interconnectivity, as well as superbly simple deployment and ease of use. Klark Teknik engineers worked hand-in-hand with BEHRINGER to ensure the S32 meets, or exceeds, the requirements of live entertainers and their professional audio engineers. Some of the outstanding features are:
48 bidirectional audio channels over Cat 5e cable (48kHz)
Single cable duplex interconnection for audio and sample clocks
Ethernet physical layer audio data transmission
High channel count and ultra-low deterministic latency
Accurate phase-aligned clock distribution.
Comprehensive error detection and management
Provision for redundant networking
Minimal configuration – total ease of deployment and use
Ethernet TCP/IP protocol-compatible auxiliary data channel
Royalty-free implementations available as Xilinx FPGA cores
OEM modules available from developer partners
- 32 Midas-designed, fully programmable mic preamps for audiophile sound quality
- 16 analog, servo-balanced XLR outputs
- AES50 network ports featuring Klark Teknik?s SuperMAC networking capability for ultra-low jitter and latency
- Ultranet Connectivity for Behringer's P16 personal monitoring system for in-ear applications
- Digital audio and control connectivity for Turbosound speaker systems with Ultranet networking capability
- Automatic AES50 stage-split mode when connected between Behringer X32 Series FOH and monitor consoles
- Dual AES50 ports for cascading additional S16, SD16 or SD8 stageboxes?no merger or router required
- 2 AES-3 ports (AES/EBU), for directly connecting PA system controllers with digital inputs
- Dual ADAT outputs providing 16-channel digital output on two optical TOSLINK* connectors
- Mute All function for quietly patching any inputs on stage
- MIDI In/Out for bi-directional communication between Behringer X32 Series console and on-stage MIDI devices
- Remote operation via shielded CAT5e cable up to 330 ft. / 100 m length
- USB connector for system updates via PC
- "Planet Earth" switching power supply for maximum flexibility (100–240V~), noise-free audio, superior transient response plus low power consumption for energy saving
- "Built like a tank" yet compact, all-steel 3U rack-mount chassis
- 3-year warranty program
- Designed and engineered in Germany
Click or call to order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.