- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
DiMarzio DP161F Steve's Special Guitar Pickup F-Spaced
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- #302977 000001000 302977000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Steve's Special is a non-traditional approach to high-output bridge humbucking guitar pickup design. Most hot humbuckers concentrate the pickup's...Click To Read More About This Product
Hot, clean, and open.
The Steve's Special is a non-traditional approach to high-output bridge humbucking guitar pickup design. Most hot humbuckers concentrate the pickup's power in a narrow frequency range for maximum impact. The Special spreads the sound over a broader range so bass and treble tones are boosted, and midrange is lowered. The result is a sound that's hot, clean, and open at the same time. 390mV output.
- Clean overdrive with high-gain amps
- Very effective in dual sound and coil splitting clean modes
- For soloing, this is a very good pickup to play with a midrange-heavy amp
- The mid-scoop in the pickups' sound keeps the initial pick attack clean and the notes don't run together as much with legato playing, even with heavy overdrive
- Wiring Standard 4 conductor
- Magnet Ceramic
- Output 390mV
- DC Resistance 17.89K
- Year of introduction 1995
- Patent # 4,501,185