- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
EMG EMG-MMTW Music Man Twin Active Bass Pickup
- Write a Review
- 300270 000001000 300270000001000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The "Twin" version of EMG's Music Man Bass replacement is known as the MMTW. Based on the triple coil 89 Guitar Pickup the TW is two pickups in one, ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
The "Twin" version of EMG's Music Man Bass replacement is known as the MMTW. Based on the triple coil 89 Guitar Pickup the TW is two pickups in one, single-coil and dual-coil, and both are totally noiseless. The TW uses EMG's ceramic and steel design for a nice transparent, not abusive high end along with a low-end that is just plain thunderous. Similar to the MM-CS, the TW has wide spread bobbins (1 inch) combined with a large coil surface area that gives the EMG-TW a most amazing bass tone. The single coil pickup is the same as EMG's Jazz Bass (J) Pickup, strong in mid-range. This is the perfect replacement pickup if you're planning on building a bass with only one pickup in the sweet spot. The MMTW comes with a push-pull pot that can be used as either a volume or tone control, or you can substitute a dpdt switch.
When using two of the TW Pickups in the same instrument it is not recommended that BT or BQ Systems be used. Each bass pickup requires a push/pull pot for switching from single coil to dual coil so the balance control included with the system can't be installed.
If you want to use the balance control, consider switching single/dual coil outputs with a DPDT toggle switch(s) instead.
Package Includes: EMG's exclusive Quik-Connect cable, prewired solid shaft volume/tone control set, output jack, battery clip set, and adjustment screws.
- Logo Color: Copper
- Output Impedance (K ohms): 10
- Current @ 9VDC (Microamps): 152
- Battery Life (Hours): 3290
- Resonant Frequency (Khz): Single Coil - 4.8, Dual Coil - 2.65
- RMS Output Voltage: S.C. - 0.8, D.C. - 1.25
- Peak Output Voltage: S.C. - 1.1, D.C. - 3.0
- Output Noise (dbV): S.C. ” (-91), D.C. ” (-90)
- In the Dual Coil Mode, coils C1 and C2 are used. Coils C2 and C3 are used in Single Coil Mode.
Get the sound you want into the Music Man Bass you love.