- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Peterson 590 AutoStrobe Tuner
- Write a Review
- 210014 000000000 210014000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Peterson 590 AutoStrobe Tuner responds at light speed to display relative tuning of any source to 0.1 cent accuracy with automatic handsfree note...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Provides accuracy and excellent functionality when you need it most.
The Peterson 590 AutoStrobe Tuner responds at light speed to display relative tuning of any source to 0.1 cent accuracy with automatic handsfree note selection. Peterson Tuner features automatic image clarity and contrast control for optimal viewing. The +2/-1 display shifts strobe patterns into more visible middle ranges-bass note patterns can be displayed 3 octaves higher and treble notes can be displayed one octave lower. Strobe patterns appear at correct note for Bb, F, and Eb instruments. A new external input and through output with mute enable onstage silent tuning with your 590 AutoStrobe Tuner.
In addition to the visual strobe indication, the Autostrobe 590 can function as an audio tuner by means of an Audio Out section, which combines input sound with reference-pitch tones into headphones or an internal speaker.
As with all of Peterson's AutoStrobe models, the Model 590 allows students, technicians, and musicians at all levels to utilize automatic (handsfree) note selection for fast, accurate tuning of instruments. This feature also permits realtime display of intonation and, combined with the Audio Out function, provides a great way to improve performance and listening skills while playing.
- Automatic Note Selection
- Automatic Note Tracking - the audible tuner "tracks" the automatic note selection.
- Automatic Image Clarity And Contrast Control - internal compensation for optimal viewing over a wide range of source pitch and volume
- Improved Clarity For Upper And Lower Register Notes - +2/-1 display feature shifts the strobe patterns into more visible middle ranges”bass note patterns can be displayed two octaves higher and treble note patterns can be displayed one octave lower in strobe display
- Easy Transposition - strobe patterns appear at the correct note for Bb, F, and Eb instruments
- Built-In Metronome
- Headphone Jack - for ear training and private tuning or practicing with electric instruments
- Built-In Audible Tuner
- Built-In Speaker And Output Jack
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 2 customers
Displaying reviews 1-2
Comments about Peterson 590 AutoStrobe Tuner:
I bought my Peterson 590 AutoStrobe awhile back to update my piano tuning business to a more mordern (now digital) strobe with some of the newer bells & whistles that are available now-a-days.I have a Conn Strobotuner ST-6 tube type '60's model,And the Conn Strobotuner ST-11 solid state '70's models. So my compairisons are based on 45 years of piano experiance. The Conn ST-11 improved over the previous ST-6&8 tube type of course ,with no warm up time & lighter weight ,but,same basic controls .This new Peterson 590 AutoStrobe Has all of those older controls but , in easier acsess (once you get used to where they are) . The manuel is pretty easy to understand and apply . I expected more presets (tempers and possibly the strech tunings pre-programed) in this "Model 590" but you are limited to the 8 basic temperments.A couple are usefull for the guitar but,really useless for modern piano tuning.The Auto feature will not be useful at all tuning pianos but,the digital cent adjustment IS more accurate than older model Strobes .Not to cut this unit short,I like the push button features & lay-out of the manuel note selection and, the audible tones have been a help at times.All in all, I like the Peterson 590 AutoStrobe for updating to a newer peice of equip.,the digital features are nice ,even though I'm an old analog guy , it does make my job easier and the digitaly controled strobe "IS" easier to read.
- Easy To Use
- Good Quality
Comments about Peterson 590 AutoStrobe Tuner:
Best device ever made for tuning anything. Expensive, but you will pass this on to your grandchildren.