- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
PowerSquid Surge 3000 Calamari Edition Surge Protector
- Write a Review
- Product 180099
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The PowerSquid Surge Protector is the next step in the evolution of the power strip. The Surge 3000-Calamari Edition's graceful cephalopod design and...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Superior protection of delicate electronic gear without the big squeeze on your wallet!
The PowerSquid Surge Protector is the next step in the evolution of the power strip. The Surge 3000-Calamari Edition's graceful cephalopod design and stylish blue-on-white accouterments are extending the look and feel of one's computer or MP3 player from the device all the way to the wall. In addition, it comes fully loaded with a feature set that includes: a 3240 Joule rating, two glowing neon tentacles, an audible alarm, a flat profile fit 360-degree rotating swivel plug, and an impressive $500,000 Limited Connected Equipment Warranty.
When it comes to safety and reliability, the Flexity family of PowerSquid Surge Protectors are engineered to be the most sophisticated and effective power delivery appliances on the planet, featuring both cutting-edge design with dramatic benefits, as well as no-compromise circuitry designed for maximum protection. All componentry is of the best available quality and the latest technology.
Next generation surge protection with Ultra-MOV Technology. Metal Oxide Varistors (MOVs) are the heart of a surge protector. Flexity PowerSquids feature Ultra-MOVs, the latest and most sophisticated technology on the market with enhanced heat dissipation and 27% greater capacity.
Purestream EMI/RFI Power Filter. Electromagnetic interference in the current has been shown to hurt performance and be a source of errors and damage to sensitive components. Every Flexity PowerSquid features Purestream power filtering technology to protect your equipment and enhance picture and sound quality.
Tripwire Circuit catastrophic event protection. The PowerSquid Tripwire Circuit physically severs the electrical circuit in the event of a catastrophic event like a lightning strike to protect your equipment from harm.
Complete connectivity protection for dial-up, DSL or coax. Phone line protection is provided by ultra-reliable and fast-acting sidactors with integral line splitter. Coaxial cable protection is provided by gas tube with gold-plated connectors for better signal transmission. Many damaging surges enter through information lines rather than power lines.
Modern, mobile lifestyles are driving an ever-increasing number of electrical devices in the average home, many of which feature bulky transformer plugs that take up extra outlets on conventional powerstrips. To solve this problem, manufacturers have made ever larger and more bulky power strips with "adapter-spaced" outlets. All of these solutions rely on the same model--a box with fixed outlets!
The PowerSquid transforms the static power strip into a dynamic power delivery device. By freeing the independent outlets from the confines of the box, it gives the user flexibility, greater reach and ease of use, while easily accommodating transformer blocks.
You can rest easy knowing that the PowerSquid provides the best protection from power surges that money can buy.
- 5-6 flexible outlets: variable length, flexible cords on female outlets increase range and flexibility. They easily accommodate transformer plugs, with no wasted outlets
- Blue LED power indicator gives hi-tech, premium appearance
- Extra-long 14-gauge cords
- Keyhole slots on bottom for convenient mounting
- Rubber non-skid feet prevent sliding and scratching
- 2 neon-indicator female plugs for illumination of outlet area, for ease of use in dark situations or in dark spaces behind desks
- Audible alarm for catastrophic events to provide warning that the TripwireTMfail- safe circuit has been tripped
- 360-degree rotatable flat profile plug for ultimate convenience in plugging in.
- More powerful 58dB PurestreamTMfilter
- Electrical rating: 125V/15A/1875W
- Resettable overload breaker switch
- Maximum Surge Absorption: 6,000V
- H-N Line 216,000 amperes
- H-G Line 24,000 amperes
- N-G Line 24,000 amperes
- Response time: <1 nanosecond
- Lifetime manufacturer warranty
- Rugged ABS casing, drop-tested for durability
- 14-gauge, 3-conductor wire cords
- Many damaging surges come through connectivity cables
- Phone protection with integral line-splitter for phone and DSL
- Shielded gas tube coaxial cable protection with gold-plated connectors for reduced signal loss
- High-capacity joule ratings for long life and maximum protection: Available with ratings of 1080 or 3240 joules
- Next generation Ultra-MOV Technology for superior surge protection performance
- Constructed with 100% 130V Ultra-MOVsTMwith 330V clamping
- High-dollar limited connected equipment warranties for peace-of-mind
- Warranty values range from $100,000 to $500,000, depending on model
- Purestream hi-frequency capacitor filters for EMI/RFI noise reduction to improve performance and protect equipment and data. Available with ratings of 40dB or 58dB
- Tripwire fail-safe circuit prevents catastrophic events, such as lightning from damaging connected equipment if the surge capacity is overwhelmed
- Protects from both transient surges (isolated events such as lightning) and over-voltages (recurring events caused by wiring problems or faulty appliances)
- 15-amp circuit breaker prevents overloads that could cause a fire or electrical damage
- LED status indicators provide feedback as well as assurance of both safety and protection:
- --Green”Ground LED status-indicator to ensure grounding of circuit for proper function
- --Red”Surge LED status-indicator to ensure surge protection is active
- --Blue”Power LED status-indicator to indicate whether the device is on or off