- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
AER AcoustiCube 3 Guitar Combo Amp
- Write a Review
- Product 485701
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The AER AcousticCube 3 Guitar Amp is an amazing feat in a small box like this. For more than 10 years this little giant has set standards and AER hav...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
The best has just gotten better.
The AER AcousticCube 3 Guitar Amp is an amazing feat in a small box like this. For more than 10 years this little giant has set standards and AER have done their best to push the limits further and further.
In its 3rd generation now, AER have implemented advanced dynamic control technology and have extended the dynamic range substantially. The two-way speaker system is an incredible improvement. It allows a much clearer and defined bass response and much lighter, more vivid reproduction of the complete range up to finest texture.
The Cube 3 amplifier is a full two-channel version now allowing identical features on both channels. It needed a face-lift for more operational clarity and to allow additional important controls on the front panel.
In essence AER has combined all the suggestions of Cube enthusiasts over the years with all their knowledge and experience ¦ without compromise ¦ and are now pleased with version 3's improvements to sound, dynamics, presence, and natural sound. Not to mention the features.
The AcoustiCube 3 amp's three band tone controls are active and constructed to fulfill the specific requirements of both acoustic instruments and other sources. The color switches activate a mid-cut-treble-boost-filter that especially suits finger picking.
AER DSP 4 Digital Effect ” internal effect
The AcoustiCube 3 has a built-in (internal) digital 32bit AER-effect processor. With the effect”program”endless-encoder you can choose between 100 (0-99) effect programs (factory settings: chapter 6). The number of the chosen effect can be seen in the two-digit display. The direction in which you turn the control does not matter.
You can connect your AER AcoustiCube with a computer via USB-cable, change the effect program parameters that suit your requirements, make combinations and store them under a new name. Two of the 100 effects can be stored and recalled via the AER footswitch. You can select an effect and by pressing the program-encoder on your AcoustiCube amp, this effect is stored.
New for version 3
¢ Two identical channels
¢ Bass-reflex cabinet separated from the electronics
¢ Two-way speaker system
¢ 44V dynamic reserve in pre-amp EQ range
¢ Separately adjustable and stabilized power source
¢ Pre-amp matrix: three pre-amps, two phantom power, combi-modus
¢ 32bit digital processor with USB-interface for parameter adjustment manipulation
¢ Aux in, mute, insert
All you need in acoustic amplification and more! Order today.
- : chain display for status and pre-amp choice
- Clip: overload indicator
- Mute: channel mute indicator
- Piezo: sources with piezo level, instruments with passive pick-up systems only
- Line: sources with line-level, instruments with active pre-amps and/or magnetic pickups
- 9V: phantom supply for line function is switched on when mode switch is pressed in line modus for three seconds
- Mic: sources with mic-level, balanced and unbalanced
- 48V: phantom supply 48V for mic function is switched on when mode switch is pressed in mic modus for three seconds
- E/P: Electret-microphone/Piezo pick-up
- Mode: tip switch for input mode section
- Pad: switch to adjust input sensitivity
- Gain: input level control
- Color: switch to activate mid-range contour filter
- Mute: mute control switch
- Bass: tone control for bass
- Middle: tone control for mid-range
- Treble: tone control for treble
- Program: continuous program-selector encoder with memory-function, internal effect
- Channel pan: effect panorama control - left: channel 1, mid: channel 1+2, right: channel 2
- Return: effect return control, adds internal effect
- Power: power indicator
- Pre master: level control for L-out, R-out and record ch1/ch 2 out
- Master: level control for the overall
- Tuner: tuner output without tone control and effects
- Phones: stereo-headphone output including effects and aux-in signal. Use stereo plugs only!
- Sub: 6.3 mm jack as an output to drive an active sub-bass, AER SUB 12/400A
- Line: output for active loudspeaker box including tone control and effect, dependent on the master-control
- L-out: line-out, adjustable via pre-master with tone control, effect, stereo reproduction of external effect and aux-in
- R-out: line-out, adjustable via pre master with tone control, effect, stereo reproduction of external effect and aux-in
- Record ch1/ch2: stereo jack, tip: channel 1 and ring: channel 2, including tone control, without effect, pre-master
- Master insert: effect loop: input->return = ring / output -> send = tip, for serial effect looping or connection of AER amps via link-function (chapter10)
- Aux in: cinch-input L/R for e.g. CD player
- Aux-return: aux-return-control, mixes the aux-in signal to the overall signal
- Presence: presence-control, treble attenuation from 4kHz
- DI-level DI-level-control, controls the level of the DI-signal
- DI pre/post: DI-signal pre or post effect
- DI balanced: XLR-output, pre-master, no tone control
- Notch: notch-filter, center-frequency 120Hz, for attenuation of feedback or instrument interference
- USB: USB-port, connection of the AER DSPs with your computer for changing the effect parameters
- Master ctrl.: Multipin-DIN-jack for connecting the AER footswitch
- Effect 2 (external effect): send output with EQ for external effect unit
- Pan: effect channel control for external effect (left: channel 1, middle: channel 1 + 2, right: channel 2), internal effect
- Return: stereo jack for external effect unit or other signal-source
- Ser/par: switch for serial or parallel effect mode
- mic input: balanced and unbalanced, parallel with front panel input 2
- Power: power jack with fuse holder
- Voltage selector: voltage selector switch 115/230V
- Ground lift: ground lift switch that disconnects signal ground from protective conductor
- Speaker out: socket for passive bass box, e.g. AER SUB 12/250P
- Piezo: balanced/unbalanced
- Sensitivity: -26dBV, -11dBV with
- Pad switch: on
- Noise: < -82dBV
- Sensitivity: -28dBV, -13dBV with
- Pad switch: on, Switchable 9V phantom power on ring ( 2x100mA max)
- Noise < -80dBV
- Sensitivity -38dBV
- Noise: < -80dBV, Switchable 48V phantom power
Aux in: L/R Cinch, unbalanced , 2x560mV >5 k ohms(impedance depending on "return" setting),
- Effect 2: return Jack, stereo, unbalanced, 2x 750 mV, >5 k ohms(impedance depending on "return" setting, left channel on internal speaker
- Clip indicator: Headroom 6 dB
- Tuner jack: 1.3V, 100 ohms
- Phones jack: stereo, max. 1.7 V RMS, max. 2x 100 mW into 32 ohms, for headphones only. Do not connect to other devices, do not use mono plugs.
- DI out XLR: adjustable 60-240 mV, 100 ohms, balanced, pre/post effect
- Sub bass jack: max. 1.4V (post master), 100 ohms, with left channel of effects Activates 200 Hz active crossover for built-in speaker
- Line out jack: max. 1.4V (post master), 100 ohms, with right channel of effects
- L out, R out jack: adjustable 0”1.4 V, 100 ohms,
- Stereo effects, balanced
- Record out: channel 1/2, Jack, 1.2V, 100 ohms
- Effect 2 send jack: max. 1.2V depending on "pan" setting, 100 ohms
- Subwoofer output: jack, max. 120 W into 8 ohms, Use only 8 ohms passive subwoofer, with built-in 200 Hz crossover (AER Sub10/200P). Not suitable for full-range external speaker.
- Master control: 8-pin DIN socket , for Acousticube IIa footswitch, features:
- Ch. 1/2: volume control / mute (max ”40dB gain reduction)
- Effects memory: 1/2 toggle
- Effect 1/2: on/off
- Bass: ±10 dB / 60 Hz
- Middle: ±6 dB / 600 Hz
- Treble: ±13 dB / 13 kHz
- Color: ”3 dB bei 100 Hz, +6 dB bei 10 kHz
- Bass: ±12 dB / 100 Hz
- Middle: ±12 dB / 1 kHz
- Treble ±12 dB / 10 kHz
- Presence filter: +0/”16 dB / 10 kHz
- Notch filter: -24 dB at 120 Hz BW-12 dB= 36 Hz
- Analog signal processing: AER low-distortion limiter, subsonic filter
- Built-in effects: AER 32-bit digital effects processor, 100 presets
- Power amp: 120 W sine-wave into 8 ohms, discrete bipolar transistor design
- Limiter: threshold 100 W
- Speaker system: 2-way speaker
- 8" (20 cm): low-midrange Hexacone driver, Neodym magnet
- 1" (25 mm): dome tweeter Neodym magnet
- AC power: AC 115/230 V (switchable), 50”60 Hz, max. 200 W
- Mains fuse: slow 3.15 A, 5x20 mm
- Cabinet: 15 mm (0.59") birch plywood, Finish water based acrylic, black spatter finish
- Dimensions 330 x 330 x 265 mm (13"x13"x10.4") W x H x D
- Weight 13.00 kg (28,66 lbs)
- BR />
- Input and output voltages refer to 1 kHz sine-wave test signal.
- Input voltages refer to 100 Watts output into 8 ohms.
- Piezo input sensitivities refer to 500 pF source capacitance and are given
- as open-loop source voltages.
- Output voltages refer to 50 mV at channel 1, line input. Impedance
- values for inputs and outputs are inner impedances (not source or load
- impedances - except for power.
- Noise measured at line output with filter 22-22.000Hz, Gain at max. position, pad off, EQ flat, all returns at min. position, input shorted, Master position refer to 100Watts output into 8 Ohm ( 1.2V at sub bass )
- Specifications and appearance subject to change without notice.