- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
BBE Blacksmith Distortion With 3-Band EQ Guitar Effects Pedal
- Write a Review
- H94710 000000000 H94710000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Blacksmith analog distortion is all about force-feeding your tube amp for a heavier, chunkier distortion. The concept was developed by Paul Gagon...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A distortion so heavy it sounds like Paul Gagon forged it from melted steel and a pile of Marshall Plexis.
The Blacksmith analog distortion is all about force-feeding your tube amp for a heavier, chunkier distortion. The concept was developed by Paul Gagon in the 1980s when he worked at Jackson Guitars. Back then, Gagon created pickups, amps and electronics for Jackson instruments and routinely worked with an A-list of artists, from Jeff Beck to Steve Vai and many more. What he found was many of the artists loved the sound of their Marshalls, but wanted more grind out of them. Their amps may have gone "to eleven," but these guys often told Gagon they wanted them to "go to fifteen or twenty."
Paul already had created many boost and distortion circuits, but ultimately, what he wanted to make a pedal for artists that would go beyond what a boost pedal could do while maintaining that classic Marshall tonal balance - but on steroids. The solution was brilliant: a distortion generation circuit feeding a 3-band passive EQ derived from a '69 Plexi (a Plexi "Tone Stack"). The EQ allows you dial it in to suit the characteristics of a particular tube amp, a practical feature because some Marshalls were dark while others were bright sounding. Of course, the EQ is also great for style: want a killer shred tone? Scoop those mids and crank the lows and highs.
Blacksmith is inspired by those pedals Gagon handmade back in the ˜80s, delivering all the tone he brought to the rock gods but with greater consistency and durability. Blacksmith features 1% metal-film resistors, big fat signal traces on a mil-spec circuit board, true hardwire bypass to eliminate any pickup loading when disengaged, and a 1mOhm input resistance to welcome your axe's signal with wide open arms - just like the input on a killer Marshall.
The Blacksmith isn't just for Marshalls, however. Gagon's design works beautifully with a variety of other quality tube amps, from Mesa to Fender. When you're looking for a top-shelf distortion pedal that's as musical as your amp, get your hands on a Blacksmith.
- Gain, volume and passive 3-band PLEX-EQ controls
- LED-based gain circuit for smooth, high-output distortion
- 1mOhms input impedance for proper pickup loading
- 1kOhms output impedance when engaged
- 1% metal-film resistors for consistency
- High-voltage poly caps for better tone
- Military-spec circuit board for reliability
- Blue status LED for high visibility and low power consumption
- Easy access battery compartment
- True hardwire bypass
Why stop at 10? Crank it to 15!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.