- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Darkglass Microtubes X7 Distortion Bass Effects Pedal
- Write a Review
- L44379 000000000 L44379000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Distorting bass has always been a very challenging engineering endeavor: in order to achieve a punchy, and aggressive distortion that is also full an...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Add some dirt to your sound without sacrificing clarity.
Distorting bass has always been a very challenging engineering endeavor: in order to achieve a punchy, and aggressive distortion that is also full and fat-sounding you need to reconcile two contradicting conditions: The tightness comes from attenuating bass frequencies before saturation, which will also result in a very thin signal. But boosting the lows will result in additional, unwanted fuzz. To solve this paradox, audio engineers have been using multiband distortions in the studio for a few decades now.
The Microtubes X7 is the company's solution to that problem in a very compact, yet flexible form: The signal is split by two variable low pass and high pass filters at the very very beginning. The high pass signal (mostly mids and treble) is distorted with a CMOS chip, just like older Microtubes pedals. The low-pass signal (all bass) is left clean and then compressed.
Letting the high side be all crunch, attack, and rich harmonics while mixing back the compressed lows to add gargantuan size to the overall mix. The result is some remarkable, almost unlimited fullness, size, aggression, and definition, regardless of how old the strings, and boomy or thin instruments. The Microtubes X7 offers all of this plus a 4-band graphic equalizer with perfectly tailored mid controls for maximum flexibility, with unbalanced parallel, affected and direct outputs.
Call or click to order today!
- High Pass Frequency: controls the cutoff frequency to be
- distorted, ranging from 100Hz (for thicker, fuzzier saturation) or
- 1kHz for ultra-sharp definition.
- High Drive: Sets the amount of distortion for the high pass side.
- High Level: Sets the output volume of the distorted high-pass
- Low Pass Frequency: controls the cutoff frequency to be mixed
- back to the high-pass side. Ranging from 50Hz (for only
- sub-bass) and 500Hz to preserve some clean mids.
- Low Comp: Sets the amount of compression for the low-pass
- Low Level: Sets the output volume of the low-pass signal.
- Master: Sets the overall volume of the unit.
- Low shelf: +-12dB @ 80 Hz
- 500 Hz: +-12dB
- 1 kHz: +-12dB
- High shelf: +-12dB @ 5 kHz
- Input: 1/4" connector for the instrument.
- Input Impedance: 1M_ impedance.
- Parallel Output: hard-wired copy of the input via 1/4" connector.
- Output: 1/4" connector for the amplifier or next effect in the chain.
- Direct Output: Balanced output via XLR connector. When the
- pedal is engaged it features a low pass filter to perfectly sculpt
- the distorted signal for direct applications.
- Output Impedance: 1k_.
- 9VDC: Center negative, regulated 9VDC only.
- Current Consumption: 70mA
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.