- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
EarthQuaker Devices Cloven Hoof V2 Pedal
- Write a Review
- #J49133 000000000 J49133000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Hoof is loosely based on the classic green Russian muff-style fuzz circuit, and features a hybrid Germanium / Silicon design, pairing maximum ton...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Classic fuzz with modern features.
Tracks provided by SoundCloud
The Hoof is loosely based on the classic green Russian muff-style fuzz circuit, and features a hybrid Germanium / Silicon design, pairing maximum tone with a temperature stability not found in finicky and expensive vintage units. Earthquaker hand-matches NOS Germanium transistors to exacting specifications for pedal-to-pedal consistency, taking the guesswork out of your fuzz purchase, and guaranteeing that your Hoof delivers the same smooth, natural, and harmonically rich sustain as all your friends’ Hoofs.
The Hoof has a wide gain range, providing everything from dirty and organic amp-like overdrive, to monstrous fuzz madness. This, paired with the “Shift” control allows you total tonal access, as the “Shift” knob works with the “Tone” control to alter the overall frequency response of the Hoof.
Use the “Shift” to boost the highs for a glassy, cutting top-end; use it to cut out some low- mid mud; use it to add some thick stoner rock sludge; use it on bass; use it to combat the muff-style fuzz’s notorious “mid scoop;” use it however you’d like, just use it! The Hoof’s distinctive, fuzzy character is tight and controlled without sacrificing any “guts,” so to speak, so even the gnarliest fuzz tones will sit well in the mix. The Hoof fuzz is all-analog and true bypass.
Fuzz: Clockwise for heavy, counterclockwise for light.
Tone: Bass to the left, Treble to the right.
Level: Controls the output level.
Shift: Adjust the mid content. Clockwise for classic scooped mids, counterclockwise for the more modern cutting mids all the kids love.
- Hybrid germanium / silicon circuitry
- Hand tested NOS germanium transistors
- “Shift” knob selects center frequency of the “Tone” control
- Silent soft-touch switching*
- All-analog dry signal path
- Built one-at-a-time
- Lifetime guarantee
Vintage fuzz without the temperature instability. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.