- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
EarthQuaker Devices Dunes Overdrive Guitar Pedal V2
- Write a Review
- #J56948 000000000 J56948000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Way back in 2014, EarthQuaker did something they said they would never do. They made a Tubes Creamer. But EarthQuaker didn’t make just any old TS-808...Click To Read More About This Product
Fall 2018 Patch & Pin Promo
Buy a qualifying EarthQuaker product and get a free patch & pin with Mail-In Rebate.
Offer expires 11/30/18Download Rebate
6-Month* financing available.
A smaller, stripped-down yet just as powerful version of the Palisades.
Tracks provided by SoundCloud
Way back in 2014, EarthQuaker did something they said they would never do. They made a Tubes Creamer. But EarthQuaker didn’t make just any old TS-808 clone - they made the Palisades, the end-all, be-all of transparent mid-boosting overdrives. A Mega Ultimate Overdrive, if you will.
Lurking inside that massive bedazzled enclosure was every conceivable 808 mod under the sun. And a second gain channel. And a clean boost. EarthQuaker did their rightful duty to you, the musician, by offering you true Freedom of Choice to mix and match clipping diodes and capacitors as you see fit in order to develop your own unique overdriven voice. And you did. All except those few spuds in the back who said to us, But EarthQuaker Devices, we want freedom from choice! And so they listened. They made a Mini Mega Ultimate Overdrive.
The Dunes is a condensed take on our highly popular Palisades808-style overdrive. EarthQuaker has stripped away all the glitz and glamour of the original Palisades, leaving only the bare essentials required for a rippin’ mid-boosting transparent overdrive. It has all the great tone of the grown-up Palisades but with a simplified interface and a smaller footprint!
The Dunes features the same Gain, Tone and Level controls as the Palisades, along with our favorite voice and bandwidth settings, as well as the Normal / Bright toggle.
The selectable clipping Voices are: MOSFET for a tight crunchy sound (Palisades’ Setting 3);Silicon for the classic 808 sound (Palisades’ Setting 5), and None, which goes from clean boost to gritty, pure op-amp distortion with a massive volume boost (Palisades’ Setting 1).
The two Bandwidth settings are stock for the classic tone (Palisades’ Setting 3) and full range for more low end (Palisades’ Setting 5).
Each and every Dunes is true-bypass, uses silent relay-based switching, and is built one-at-a-time in sandy Akron, Ohio, USA.
- Same Gain, Tone and Level controls, voice and bandwidth settings, and Normal/Bright toggle as the Palisades
- Selectable clipping Voices are: MOSFET, Silicon, and None
- Two Bandwidth settings are stock for the classic tone and full range for more low end
- Uses silent relay-based switching
- Handmade in the U.S.A.
Call or click to order today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.