- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
EarthQuaker Devices Erupter Fuzz Effects Pedal and Octoskull T-Shirt Large Black
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L26574 000000000 L26574000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Don sweet style and tone so fuzzy that you can brush it with this awesome combo.The Erupter is the result of over two years’ worth of tone-chasing, t...Click To Read More About This Product
Show off great tone on stage—and great style everywhere.
Don sweet style and tone so fuzzy that you can brush it with this awesome combo.
The Erupter is the result of over two years’ worth of tone-chasing, tweaking, and experimentation in search of what EarthQuaker president and product designer Jamie Stillman calls “the ultimate classic fuzz tone ... with a big low end, but not too mushy, a biting top end without being too harsh, and just enough output to politely send a tube amp over the top.”
In developing the Erupter, Stillman “[used] every trick [he] ever learned” to craft a fuzz Device that sounds good with any pickup type anywhere in the effects chain, even before a wah pedal, and without any impedance mismatching. To this end, the Erupter uses a buffered input section, transformer-based pickup simulation, new production 5% 1/2W carbon composition resistors, metallized polyester film capacitors, Sprague and BC electrolytic capacitors, and low-gain, hand-matched NOS silicon transistors to deliver a “well-rounded and defined fuzz tone with just enough pummeling intensity.”
The Erupter’s simple control set stands in stark relief of its rigorous design process. A single control labeled “Bias” adjusts the amount of voltage fed to the NOS silicon transistors. Low “Bias” settings yield a rude, spongy fuzz tone with plenty of sag and a blossoming attack envelope that’s gated without entering “dying battery” territory. As the “Bias” control is increased, additional harmonics stack atop the input signal, producing a stiffer, more complex fuzz tone with a tighter response, increased output, and longer sustain. The Erupter uses a fixed output level and gain setting for the “thickest fuzz possible,” and to “push the full frequency range of the guitar out front when you kick it on.”
Call or click to order today!
- Classic Fuzz Tone
- Overloaded-yet-refined full-force fuzz with crushing lows and smooth top end that’s touch-responsive and reacts to changes in guitar volume and tone controls
- “Bias” control adjusts fuzz character for unique tonal variations
- True Bypass
- Silent relay-based switching
- All-analog signal path
- Lifetime guarantee
- Built by the hands of real-life dream warriors in the foothills of Mt. Akron, Ohio
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.