- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
EarthQuaker Devices Fuzz Master General Guitar Effects Pedal
- Write a Review
- J19614 000000000 J19614000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Fuzz Master General is EarthQuaker's take on the vintage Ace Tone Fuzz Master FM-2 Professional fuzz machine, an octave fuzz that was very simila...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A modern take on the classic Ace Tone Fuzz Master FM-2.
Tracks provided by SoundCloud
The Fuzz Master General is EarthQuaker's take on the vintage Ace Tone Fuzz Master FM-2 Professional fuzz machine, an octave fuzz that was very similar to the wildly popular Super Fuzz. They have taken the basic circuit and re-imagineered it to be more useful for the modern player. The Fuzz Master General features a more accurate Fuzz control that delivers a much broader spectrum of dirt tones ranging from nearly clean through full buzz saw assault.
EarthQuaker added a Voice toggle to further enhance your dirt desires and wrangle a more variable tone out of the classic circuit. This toggle selects between germanium, silicon and no diode clipping. This has a huge impact on the characteristics of fuzz tone, upper octave clarity and output level. Germanium diodes offer more output and an open, looser fuzz tone while the silicon diodes compress the signal and yield a tighter fuzz tone.
When the voice is set to no diode clipping (center position) you can attain a nearly clean upper octave that boarders on ring modulation! While the original Fuzz Master had a foot switch to select between two different tone settings, The Fuzz Master General has a variable tone control that allows you to dial in anything from a wide open treble assault to a super-scooped, bass heavy blast. It also has significantly more output volume and a much lower noise floor than the original, vintage unit. With all these added features, the Fuzz Master General delivers a more versatile version of the original while still retaining the same swelling octave grind we all know and love. Each Fuzz Master General is made by human hands in mostly tropical Akron, Ohio.
- Significantly more output volume and a much lower noise floor than the original
- A more versatile version of the original while still retaining the same swelling octave grind
- Handmade in the U.S.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.