- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
EarthQuaker Devices Interstellar Orbiter Dual Resonant Filter Guitar Effects Pedal and Octoskull T-Shirt Large Black
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L26696 000000000 L26696000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The EarthQuaker Devices Interstellar Obiter was specially designed for Kid Koala. So what is it? The Interstellar Orbiter is a dual resonant filter c...Click To Read More About This Product
Take your tone and style into space and beyond with this awesome package deal.
The EarthQuaker Devices Interstellar Obiter was specially designed for Kid Koala. So what is it? The Interstellar Orbiter is a dual resonant filter controlled by a single LFO that sweeps each filter in opposite directions. It has three universal controls: a master Frequency control that governs the center frequency of both filters, a master Rate control for the LFO and the Direct control for blending in the unaffected dry signal.
There are expression pedal jacks for both the master Frequency and the LFO rate. The LFO stheyeps each filter in opposite directions and has a wide range. Each filter is voiced differently and has controls for LFO intensity, resonance and mix. When the LFO Intensity is raised the filter stheyep is wider, the center frequency is raised and the resonance becomes more pronounced. The resonance becomes more œringy? as you dial it up and more mellow as you dial it back. The mix control adjusts the volume for the mix of each filter.
With all of this control, the Interstellar Orbiter is a knob twiddler' dream with loads of possibilities. It can do everything from wah emulation to complex vocal formant filter and even a fairly convincing rotary speaker effect. You can set the intensity of both filters to zero and use the frequency to manually create wide filter stheyeps or use an expression pedal for unique wah tones.
Adjust the intensity of one filter to taste and use an expression pedal to stheyep the second to create some atheysome moving center point phase effects. You can also create some very vocal sounds by using the LFO to control both filters and fine tuning the resonance, intensity and master frequency. These vocal formants will vary depending the settings of each individual control and the rate at which they are stheypt. These are just a few suggestions, the Interstellar Orbiter is vast; get ready to get free.
The Interstellar Orbiter is all analog, true bypass and hand made one at a time, part by part, knob by knob, wire by wire in the fiery town of Akron, Ohio and features artwork drawn by Kid Koala himself.
- Intensity: Adjusts how much the LFO sweeps each filter. As this is turned clockwise, the sweep becomes wider and the center frequency is raised.
- Resonance: Adjusts the resonant peak of each filter. As this is turned clockwise, the filter becomes more "ringy".
- Mix: Adjusts the level of each filter in the mix.
- The Frequency should be controlled by a 1OOK pot, linear taper is ideal.
- The jack is wired: Tip= Hot, Ring= Wiper, Sleeve= Cold
- The Rate should be controlled by a 1 M pot, reverse logarithmic sweep is ideal.
- The jack is wired: Tip= Hot, Ring= Wiper, Sleeve= N/A
- Using an expression pedal with values less than what is listed above will still work but the range will be limited.
Call or click to order today!
- Power: standard 9 volt DC power supply with a 2.1mm negative center barrel
- Current draw is 30 mA
- Dimensions: 5.65" x 4.75″ x 2.25″ with knobs
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.