- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
EarthQuaker Devices Spires Double Fuzz Guitar Effects Pedal and Octoskull T-Shirt Large Black
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- #L26676 000000000 L26676000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Spires was born from EarthQuaker's need to have a big old Rosac Nu Fuzz and their now discontinued Dream Crusher on a pedalboard without taking u...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Get big fuzz tone and awesome style in one convenient package.
The Spires was born from EarthQuaker's need to have a big old Rosac Nu Fuzz and their now discontinued Dream Crusher on a pedalboard without taking up all the space.
The green channel features a cranked fuzz inspired by the Rosac Electronic Nu-Fuzz, which, for all the unacquainted fuzz seekers, was released in 1968—decades prior to the dreaded “nü” prefix ever being uttered. The original schematic for Rosac Nu Fuzz is somewhat of a mystery so I used my original to make a “sonic copy” that is pretty much dead on. It is full-on fuzz all the time and uses crude wide range tone control to change the character from big and warm to sizzling and blown out. The original was slightly below unity at max so I gave this one plenty of output volume while retaining the original tone.
The Red channel is a silicon version of the now discontinued Dream Crusher. There's no need to mourn the loss anymore. Dreams will still be crushed with walls of classic two transistor fuzz, only this time the crushing will be much more stable and less temperature sensitive. It features a very usable, dynamic Fuzz control and tons of output volume, just like the original.
Each Spires is hand made one at a time by a white gloved team of professional experts in the dirty, dusty canyon of Akron, Ohio.
- Channel Switch: Selects between Red (Dream Crusher) and Green (Nu Fuzz) channels
- Activate Switch: Turns the effect on and off
- Tone: Changes the tonal character of the fuzz. Darker counterclockwise, brighter clockwise.
- Green: Sets the output level when the green LED is lit.
- Fuzz: Adjusts the fuzz amount, dirtier clockwise, cleaner counterclockwise
- Red: Sets the output level when the red LED is lit.
Call or click to order today!
- Power: 9 volt DC power supply with a 2.1mm negative center barrel
- Current draw: 14 mA
- Dimensions: 4.65" x 3.65" x 2.25" with knobs
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.