- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
EarthQuaker Devices The Warden V2 Optical Compressor Effects Pedal and Octoskull T-Shirt Large Black
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L26690 000000000 L26690000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The EarthQuaker Devices Warden V2 is an optical compressor with a feature set usually reserved for studio-grade units. Built with high grade componen...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Let this stomp hug your signal while this sweet T-shirt hugs your torso.
The EarthQuaker Devices Warden V2 is an optical compressor with a feature set usually reserved for studio-grade units. Built with high grade components and internally powered by 18v, The Warden has loads of gain and sustain on tap. With complete control over attack, release, sustain and ratio, The Warden will allow everything from a heavy squash with fast attack and release to barely there subtle compression. Optical compression has a reputation for having more character than a VCA or FET based compression and The Warden is no exception.
The Warden is true bypass and handmade in Akron, Ohio.
- Tone: This pedal was designed to slightly color your tone, the coloration can be dialed-in to your taste. Counter clockwise is treble cut, clockwise is treble boost. The tone is nearly flat around 11 O’Clock.
- Level: This controls the overall output and is affected by the sustain and ratio settings. There is no specific unity setting, adjust to taste when you find your perfect compression setting.
- Sustain: This is the heart of The Warden. It controls how hot the signal is, which changes the dynamics of the compression. The Warden is a feedback style compressor, the hotter the signal, the more active the compression. Very little sustain= very little compression, less active attack and release and a cooler signal, Max sustain= heavy compression, longer sustain, hotter signal and more lively attack and release.
- Ratio: This determines how much the gain reduction affects the signal. All the way up is full
- compression and the compression is reduced as you turn this counter clockwise which allows more of the boosted, less compressed, signal to come through. There are no defined ratios here.
- Attack: This controls how quickly the compressor reacts and starts leveling the signal. All the way counter clockwise is a fast, nearly immediate reaction. Turning the attack clockwise slows the reaction time.
- Release: This controls how long it takes the signal to raise back up to the level determined by the sustain and ratio settings. All the way counter clockwise is a fast release and the release time slows as you turn it clockwise.
Call or click to order today!
- Switching: This device is true bypass and uses electronic relay based switching
- Power: Standard 9-volt DC power supply with a 2.1mm negative center barrel
- Current Draw: 45mA
- Input impedance: 1M
- Output impedance: <1K
- Dimensions: 4.75″ x 2.50″ x. 2.25″ with knobs
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.