- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Guyatone Mighty Micro Series SSm5 Sonic Shaper Booster Guitar Effects Pedal
- Write a Review
- Product 430774
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
When Guyatone first began plans for the Mighty Micro series, they polled professional musicians in Japan to see what they felt would be the most usef...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Subtle yet infinitely useful, this is a powerful tone tool in a pint-sized package!
When Guyatone first began plans for the Mighty Micro series, they polled professional musicians in Japan to see what they felt would be the most useful pedal for a working guitarist. The answer was what would become the SSm5 Sonic Shaper!
Based on the original Guyatone EX-2 Exciter model (never sold in the USA), the SSm5 is a harmonic booster pedal that, by emphasizing specific frequencies, can offer the guitarist a broad tonal palette. The key to the SSm5 is the Shape control, which adjusts the harmonic emphasis. Using the SSm5, a guitarist can tune in specific frequencies to stand out in a band mix without raising their volume level. The SSm5 can also be used to emulate an acoustic guitar tone, or simply as a great-sounding clean boost by shutting off the Color control and Setting Shape to the center position.
Based on Guyatone's award-winning Micro Series effects, the Mighty Micros offer professional-grade features and exceptional sound quality in an ultra-compact, lightweight chassis that is 33% smaller and 50% lighter than your average stompbox.
The Guyatone Mighty Micros offer many improvements and additional features that Guyatone users have demanded, all packed into a rugged enclosure that retains the same-sized footprint as the original Micro Series effects.
Designed for the professional, working musician, Guyatone Mighty Micros feature superior-grade component selection for improved sound quality. Adjustable internal Input Attenuators allow use with a variety of instrument or input signals. All Guyatone Mighty Micros are covered by a 3-year parts and labor warranty through the manufacturer.
- LEVEL: Adjusts output level when effect is engaged. Turn clockwise to increase volume.
- COLOR: Adjusts Tone of effect. Turn clockwise to emphasize high-frequency, turn counter-clockwise to de-emphasize hi-frequency (Hi-Cut).
- SHAPE: Adjusts point and level of harmonic emphasis. From center (12 o'clock) position, turn clockwise or counter-clockwise to emphasize different harmonics and adjust tonal character of input signal.
- COLOR SWITCH: Turns Color (Tone) control on/off.
- INPUT ATTENUATOR:
- Selects proper input sensitivity against output level from connected instruments. Standard setting is at MAX position. Turn counterclockwise to reduce input signal when sound is distorted due to high input signals. By regulating input sensitivity, a wide variety of tonal characters can be achieved.
- Controls: LEVEL/COLOR/SHAPE/INPUT ATTENUATOR
- Jacks: INPUT/OUTPUT/DC IN
- Switch: EFFECT ON/OFF (True Bypass)/COLOR (On/Off)
- Indicator: EFFECT ON/OFF
- Input impedance: 470 kOHM
- Output impedance: Less than 10 kOHM
- Current consumption: 10 mA (at effect ON)
- Power Requirement: DC 9V 006P (6F22)/AC-2 Adaptor
- Dimensions: 2-6/10" (W) x 3-9/10" (D) x 2-3/10" (H)
- Weight: 8.25 oz. (without battery)
- Warranty: 3-year parts and labor