- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Hughes & Kettner Black Spirit 200 200W 1x12 Guitar Combo Amp
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L58349 000000000 L58349000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
What would it take to carry the mighty physical wall-of-sound-experience that only a powerful 4x12" half stack can deliver in just one hand? It woul...Click To Read More About This Product
Get massive power, sound and cutting-edge features in a super-portable combo.
What would it take to carry the mighty physical wall-of-sound-experience that only a powerful 4x12" half stack can deliver in just one hand? It would mean bending the laws of physics — or, designing a 1x12 speaker enclosure that delivers four times the sound of its size, and combining it with the electronics of the Hughes & Kettner Black Spirit 200 in a combo that thousands of guitar players have been waiting for!
Everything You Love About Combos — Taken to the Extreme
What we all love about combos the most is the handling aspects of an all-in-one solution where everything is right in place, and perfectly matched components that guarantee a 100% reproduction of the sound the engineer originally designed. The only limitation is the speaker. Or, to put it better, the physical limitations of a small standard enclosure. So, H&K had to think out of the box.
The Black Spirit 200 combo is not merely a simple combo version of the Black Spirit 200 head. Designing this sonic masterpiece was a completely new approach! And the result is another amp like no amp before: The most advanced all-in-one solution, blessed with an exhilarating range of sounds and features, immense power, and a speaker that translates any sonic detail into the most intense physical playing experience. And weighing in at just 31.9 lb. (14.5 kg), Black Spirit 200 Combo improves what we all love about combos in every respect.
The secret is the all new Thiele/Small enclosure: a closed-back front-ported plywood construction that houses one UK-made Celestion G12-75H Creamback. Perfectly tuned Thiele/Small ports and well balanced dimensions dampen the speakers’ movement and at the same time allow it to breathe. Only in this way can the speaker unleash its full sonic potential and deliver more output than in any other housing.
To handle the power and translate each single watt into sound pressure, all the wooden boards in the sophisticated cabinet construction are made using the finest birch plywood, and are glued together to a particularly rugged and incredibly anti-resonant enclosure. The speaker and electronics are front-mounted, and the only removable board is the separate grille board. The grille board uses custom made highly permeable cloth, and leaves the front ports open for maximum punch.
The result is the punchiest yet most balanced frequency response H&K ever designed for a combo. Exceptional low-end punch, breathing mids and shimmering highs deliver an unprecedented sound experience that’s really four times as big as the size of the speaker.
Call or click to order today!
- Power: 200W
- Attenuation from 200W to 2W
- Four channels: Clean, Crunch, Lead, Ultra
- Speaker: 1x12" UK-made Celestion G12-75H Creamback
- Fully programmable controls: Channel, Gain, Volume, EQ, Sagging, Presence, Resonance, Noise
- Gate, FX Parameters, FX Loop, Cabinet Type
- Built-in noise gate
- Built-in effects: Reverb, Delay, Modulation (Chorus, Phaser, Flanger, Tremolo)
- RED BOX AE+ 8 cabinet emulations, XLR balanced
- Remote control: Bluetooth, MIDI
- Aux. input: 3.5 mm stereo
- Bluetooth audio streaming
- Headphone output: 6.3 mm (1/4″) stereo, 50 Ohms
- Speaker output: 8-16 Ohms, switchable from guitar cab to full range speaker
- MIDI In 7-pin, 20 V DC phantom power (150 mA), 5-pin compatible
- MIDI Out/Thru 5-pin
- Dimensions: 16.14" x 6.1" x 5.9" (410 x 155 x 150 mm)
- Weight: 7.8 lb. (3.6 kg)
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.