- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
JHS Pedals Colour Box Preamp Pedal
- Write a Review
- J47283 000000000 J47283000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
"Revolution" by the Beatles, Led Zeppelin’s “Black Dog,” U2, Spoon, Pink Floyd, Motown, Quincy Jones, Nirvana, Steely Dan, Neil Young, Tears For Fear...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Add the warmth of a Neve console to your signal chain.
"Revolution" by the Beatles, Led Zeppelin’s “Black Dog,” U2, Spoon, Pink Floyd, Motown, Quincy Jones, Nirvana, Steely Dan, Neil Young, Tears For Fears and Tom Petty (the list is endless), all feature the unmistakable sound of plugging an electric guitar directly into a Neve recording console.
The JHS Pedals Colour Box puts the tone of those legendary pieces of recording equipment into your guitar rig whether performing live or in the studio. By using 100% analog circuitry that is true to the design and schematic of vintage Neve circuitry, we reproduced everything that makes the Neve preamps magical. The Colour Box’s two gain stages are in series to produce beautiful clean tones and can also be pushed hard to destroy any signal into a beautiful fuzzy mess.
With 1/4 in. and XLR inputs and outputs, the JHS Colour Box can also cover all the ground that you would expect a high-quality studio preamp to cover. Whether you’re plugging in your microphone, bass, keyboard, electric, or even your acoustic guitar, make sure you have a Colour Box close by.
Gloriously Gritty “Direct-In” Tone
There’s just something magical about the buzzy goodness of a guitar plugged right into a Neve* preamp. It has powered some of the biggest rock ‘n’ roll hits of the past 50 years. And thanks to the JHS Pedals Colour Box, now you can put that sound right on your pedalboard.
Indispensable in the Studio
Far from just another fuzz, the Colour Box is also making waves in studios around the world as a top-quality preamp. Go ahead, plug your microphone, bass, keyboard, acoustic, or any other instrument into it. You’ll be greeted with a three-dimensional sound that adds clarity and warmth to your track.
JHS Pedals Colour Box Notes:
The Colour Box can be run on any standard 9V or 18V DC Negative "Boss" style pedal power supply (sold separately).
The Colour Box does not supply phantom power, so you will need to purchase a quality phantom power supply to run in line with your Colour Box if you intend to use a phantom powered microphone or other device.
The input-selector switch located above the input jack lets you choose line or microphone input. In the down position, it is in Instrument mode. In the up position, it is in XLR mode.
**Step control increases the gain by the following:
1 is X 18 dB
2 is X 23 dB
3 is X 28 dB
4 is X 33 dB
5 is X 39 dB
- Replicates the tone heard on such hits as “Cinnamon Girl” and “Another Brick in the Wall Pt. 2”
- Pre Volume (labeled "Pre-Vol") can be used the same as you would a Drive knob on an overdrive pedal.
- Step control is a 5-position gain switch that changes the gain of each preamp stage
- Over 39 dB of gain on tap for rich harmonics and body
- Neve console sound in a handy pedal format
- Conveniently outfitted with selectable 1/4 in. and XLR inputs and outputs
- Variable Hi Pass circuit (60Hz-800Hz) cuts low frequencies to precisely tailor your tone
- Utilizes the same topology and discrete gain stage found in the Neve 1073
- A high-quality Lundahl transformer adds weight, heft, and a 3D quality to any input source
- Independent outputs split your signal (extremely handy to send a direct signal to front-of-house)
Call or click to order today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.