- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
JHS Pedals SuperBolt V2 Overdrive Effects Pedal
- Write a Review
- J47121 000000000 J47121000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Turns out there are guitarists all over the world that are loving the ‘60s-era Supro amp-in-a-box tones that this pedal churns out. In designing the ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Get huge, rich, all-analog overdrive in a versatile pedal.
Turns out there are guitarists all over the world that are loving the ‘60s-era Supro amp-in-a-box tones that this pedal churns out. In designing the pedal, the designers paid very close attention to the feel and sound that made the original amps the go-to combos for players like Jimmy Page, Brian Setzer, and Switchfoot’s Drew Shirley. And with the SuperBolt Version 2, JHS upped the ante by giving you access to the versatile Gain boost circuit via the front-mounted toggle or the JHS Red Remote footswitch (sold separately).
Vintage amp tones with a tap of your toe
If you want to know what JHS Pedals SuperBolt V2 is capable of, just listen to the opening chord stabs of Led Zeppelin’s debut album. A more iconic rock tone there isn’t. And though the cranked ‘60s Supro amp tones Jimmy Page deployed will go down as legend, those sounds are only the beginning of what the SuperBolt V2 is capable of.
- Tones based on the clear and gritty tones of ‘60s Supro tube amps
- Drive knob acts in a similar fashion to the volume controls on the old amplifiers.
- Tube rectifier-like sag is increased as the Drive control is turned up
- The tone control is usable throughout the whole range
More versatile than meets the eye
Yes, when you step on the SuperBolt V2, your tone will be transformed into the glorious tones of classic rock’s heyday. But there’s much more under the hood than Jimmy’s Tele-driven rock. Back off on the Drive and Tone controls, and you’ll immediately find yourself digging into your best smokey Chicago blues licks. Or keep that drive low but crank the Volume, and you’re able to boost any amp into harmonically rich submission.
- Tone control takes you from warm and mellow to cutting and aggressive, without ever losing its musicality
- Internally converts 9V to 18V for a huge amount of headroom and punchy output
- Gain knob sweeps between darn-near-clean and amp in full-meltdown mode
Two footswitchable gain levels
By pairing your SuperBolt V2 with the JHS Red Remote (sold separately), you’re able to access the front toggle’s gritty higher-gain settings on the fly. It’s like having two SuperBolts in one pedalboard-friendly package.
- Switch to a more powerful sound with enhanced low end and grit
- Plug in your JHS Red Remote for switching between the two voices with the tap of your toe
- Handy LED changes from blue to red, indicating the status of the boost circuit
V1 = 3 controls, Hi/Lo toggle, some early stamped units had "3 stage lighting bolt," most have a 4 stage bolt
V2 = replaced Hi/Lo toggle with a Gain Toggle, added Red Remote system
Call or click to order today!
- Power requirement: 9V DC negative
- Consumes less than 100mA
- Dimensions: 2.2" x 4.8" x 1.6"
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.