- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
JHS Pedals Unicorn Uni-Vibe Photocell Modulator with Tap Tempo Effects Pedal
- Write a Review
- Product J47129
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Pink Floyd’s “Breathe,” Jimi Hendrix’s “Star Spangled Banner live at Woodstock 1969," and Robin Trower’s “Bridge of Sighs” cemented the sound of a ph...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Get mythical sound from your pedalboard.
Pink Floyd’s “Breathe,” Jimi Hendrix’s “Star Spangled Banner live at Woodstock 1969," and Robin Trower’s “Bridge of Sighs” cemented the sound of a photocell-based vibe effect as an electric guitar standard.
The JHS Pedals Unicorn is the company's version of this heralded effect, continuing the inspiring modulation/phasing/rotary sounds that never fail to push musical boundaries. And just like the originals, the designers included a toggle for choosing between a Uni-Vibe effect and a traditional vibrato setting. What sets Unicorn apart from all other vibe-style circuits is that it is the first-ever fully analog, photocell-based vibe with tap tempo as well as ratio, external tap control and external rate control via expression pedal (optional). And the Unicorn does it all with only four knobs and a mini-toggle switch.
In a day and age when everything has been seen and done, JHS brings you the first-ever, 100% analog vibe photocell modulator with onboard tap tempo. You’re welcome.
Sounds as Good as You Remember
The Unicorn is bursting with all the lush and washy pulsations that changed what the electric guitar could sound like in the 1960s. And this is no digital emulation. The Unicorn sports the real-deal, analog photocell topology of the original units.
In-Depth Tempo Control
There are other analog vibe pedals and there are pedals with tap-tempo control, but the JHS Unicorn is the first to put them together. Add optional external speed control and a ratio knob that determines the rhythmic subdivisions, and you have one of the most versatile vibe pedals on the market.
External Tempo and Expression Control
But wait, there’s more! One of the things that makes the vintage Shin-ei Uni-Vibes so desirable is your ability to control the effect’s rate in real time with an external expression pedal. And to go one step further, you can slave the pedal to other tap-controlled pedals for rhythmic consistency across all your effects.
- Sounds like the originals because it’s built like the originals
- All-analog signal path delivers a warm, touch-sensitive tone
- Dry/Wet toggle selects between a Uni-Vibe and vibrato effect
- Control the rate of the effect with the Speed knob or onboard tap-tempo footswitch
- Want quarter note, dotted eighth, or triplet rhythms? They’re all found on the Ratio knob
- LED indicator notifies you of the effect’s tempo, even when disengaged
- Internal Tap/Expression mini switch controls the side-mounted Tap/Exp TRS jack
- Expression pedal control of the Unicorn’s rate in the Exp setting
- Use an external source to control the rate in the Tap Out setting (Works great with our Panther Cub Delay, Emperor Chorus pedals)
Call or click to order today!
- Power requirement: 9V DC negative
- Consumes 100mA
- Dimensions: 4.7 x 3.7 x 1.2 in.