- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
KHDK Ghoul Screamer Overdrive Effects Pedal
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- K46388 000000000 K46388000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Conceived in the dark depths of Kirk Hammett’s mind, an iconic circuit has been pushed to perfection and equipped with five switches to give you the ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Make your amp scream like a banshee.
Conceived in the dark depths of Kirk Hammett’s mind, an iconic circuit has been pushed to perfection and equipped with five switches to give you the ultimate control over your tone.
The KHDK Ghoul Screamer is a multipurpose pedal, a true utility knife of overdrives. The dramatic versatility of the controls spans from a clean boost all the way to a massive overdrive.
In addition to the three standard controls (Drive, Tone, Volume) five mini toggle switches have been added, offering enhancement for Bass, Highs, and Body, as well as two variations of Compression.
This hugely enhances your sound palette and elevates the KHDK Ghoul Screamer to the highest class of stage and studio gear. The ghoulish face on the pedal's enclosure was created by San Francisco's tattoo artist Tim Lehi.
Like all KHDK pedals, the Ghoul Screamer is proudly handcrafted and quality-tested in Kentucky, USA.
- Drive controls the gain of the circuit. On lower Drive settings, the Ghoul Screamer works as a clean boost with a characteristic mid hump. For more distortion turn the Drive control higher to increase the harmonics, compression and power.
- Volume controls the overall output volume of the Ghoul Screamer.
- Tone a very effective active high-frequency tone control. At 12 o’clock it’s neutral. Turned clockwise it becomes raw, aggressive and helps your tone cut through. Turned counterclockwise it cuts the highs for a more mellow and warm tone.
- Bass switch when activated, it enhances the low frequencies, thickens the tone and adds a massive bottom end. Ideal for instruments with a sharp tone and a weaker output.
- High switch expands the Tone potentiometer to reach towards higher frequencies, enhancing the brilliance and the clean tonal quality and helps less sharp instruments to be heard.
- Body switch improves the tonal response in the mids as well as the tightness and penetration of your tone in the mix. This mode is particularly effective when used with low tuned or seven-string guitars.
- Compression switches select between three types of tonal character and compression. The lowest setting (1) offers a soft and warm compression, reminiscent of vintage pedals. The highest setting (3) offers a transparent tone with an aggressive expression rich in harmonics. The compression and tone are reminiscent of an iconic modified British stack. The medium setting offers a balanced blend of modes (1) and (3). The different compression modes will change your output volume, use your Volume control to adjust.
- Footswitch engages your Ghoul Screamer to “on” or True bypass mode.
Call or click to order today!
- Bypass mode: True bypass
- Input connector: Type Standard 1/4 in. jack – mono/TS
- Output connector: Type Standard 1/4 in. jack – mono/TS
- Power input: Standard 9V Battery or 9V DC (center negative) power supply
- Dimensions: 4.72 x 2.5 x 1.57 in. (120 x 65 x 40 mm)
- Made in Kentucky, USA
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.