- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Lehle Sunday Driver Guitar Preamp
- Write a Review
- #430764 000000000 430764000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Lehle Sunday Driver is a high-end preamp with a convenient compact format. It features JFET-based circuitry and provides 2 modes of operation, wi...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A compact, portable preamp with 2 operating modes.
The Lehle Sunday Driver is a high-end preamp with a convenient compact format. It features JFET-based circuitry and provides 2 modes of operation, with selection via a mode selector switch with gold-plated contacts: "D" stands for Driver; in this mode, the guitar signal is amplified, with absolutely no modification, at the input impedance of a guitar amp, efficiently eliminating losses on the route through leads and effects; the signal remains strong and clear, retaining its full dynamics. The second setting "S" - as in Sunday - multiplies input impedance by 4, bringing out previously inaudible details and, as gain increases, imparting to the guitar sound a characteristic and unmistakable warmth that has given this preamp its name - the result is a sound as mellow as a sunny Sunday afternoon! Even at a 15dB gain setting, the Lehle Sunday Driver always stays clean and absolutely free of background noise, thanks to its studio-standard signal-to-noise ratio of over -100dB. To exploit the dynamics of tube amplifiers to the full, the input voltage is also rectified from the power supply socket, then filtered, stabilized, and doubled to 18V. With its broad output range of 20 to 100,000Hz, the Lehle Sunday Driver, powered by a standard 9V (PP3) battery, can be used anywhere, as a cable driver for stadium and other large stages, in complex effects set ups, or as a recording preamp - and not just on Sundays!
- Compact high-end preamp
- JFET-based circuitry
- 2 modes of operation, D (Driver) & S (Sunday)
- Clean and absolutely free of background noise
- Gold-plated switches
- Adjustable gain
- Voltage internally doubled to 18V
- Battery operation possible
Improve your sound wherever you play!
- Voltage range: 9 - 20 V AC or DC, or 9V PP3 battery
- Max. power take-up: 7 mA
- Frequency response: 20Hz-100kHz (in mode D)
- : 0,001 % at 1kHz, 0 dBU
- Impedance, Input D: 1 MOhm
- Impedance, Input S: 4 MOhm
- Impedance, Output: 150 Ohm
- Signal-to-noise ratio: -103 dB at (A-weighted)
- Max. level: 5,7 V RMS (approx. 17 dBU)
- Max. gain: 15 dB
- Weight: 0.78 lb. (356g) (without Battery)
- Length: 3.54" (9cm)
- Width: 3.62" (9.2cm)
- Overall height: 1.53" (3.9cm)
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.