- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Mad Professor Amber Overdrive Effects Pedal
- Write a Review
- L28055 000000000 L28055000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
One of the most sought-after guitar tones is a combination of a great overdrive or fuzz pedal into an overdriven tube amplifier. Amber Overdrive prod...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Add some awesome, versatile overdrive to your tone.
One of the most sought-after guitar tones is a combination of a great overdrive or fuzz pedal into an overdriven tube amplifier. Amber Overdrive produces this sound even when running through a clean amplifier. It produces a very thick sound whether playing chords or single notes—fat and juicy with just a hint of fuzz.
Though highly saturated, this dynamic overdrive can be cleaned up with the volume control of your guitar. As with all Mad Professor pedals, it offers a wide range of dynamics and expressive touch sensitivity.
When you plug it into a clean amplifier, Amber Overdrive can give you the massive sound of a saturated amplifier running wide open. It can also be used as a slightly distorted boost to increase saturation on slightly overdriven amplifiers.
Note: Amber Overdrive is a medium input impedance device that places a light load on your guitar pickups to produce a smoother tone. it will work best as the first pedal in the chain. if you run a buffered pedal ahead of Amber Overdrive you will get an increase in treble and upper midrange.
Build the Mad Professor way: small footprint and big tone. Complete true bypass and input of circuit grounded in bypass.
- Volume: This knob sets the overall output level of the pedal.
- Drive: settings from low to the center will allow you to control the saturation with the volume control on the guitar. To use amber as light overdrive set this control at the beginning of the rotation.
- Tone: This is a boost/cut “shelving” type equalizer that controls the amount of high-end, operating somewhere between a bright switch and the treble control on most amplifiers.
- Tone: Turning this counterclockwise reduces the amount of high end. If you must run a buffered pedal ahead of Amber Overdrive try lowering the treble.
Call or click to order today!
- Current consumption: 2.5mA at 9V
- Voltage range: 7.5-12 V
- Input impedance: 45K
- Output drive capability: 25K Ohms
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.