- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive Deluxe Effects Pedal
- Write a Review
- L28053 000000000 L28053000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive (SHOD) is a touch-sensitive, low-gain overdrive pedal handmade in Finland. It is designed to overdrive distorted ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Get sticky with this sweet, handmade overdrive.
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive (SHOD) is a touch-sensitive, low-gain overdrive pedal handmade in Finland. It is designed to overdrive distorted amplifiers and give dynamically controlled light overdrive on clean sounds.
Distortion level can be controlled by pick attack and pickup strength. Harder picking for overdrive and softer for a cleaner tone. With the unique Focus control, you can adjust the feel and dynamics of the pedal as well as overall EQ. Turning Focus CCW you need to play harder to get distortion and the tone is softer, great for jazz and blue. Focus turned CW gives a slight treble boost and earlier distortion.
This type of overdrive has previously only been found in the BJF Honey Bee but is now presented in Mad Professor version. The Mad Professor SHOD has a tighter sound and is more versatile as it was designed to work with all kinds of guitars and amplifiers.
Like all Hand Wired MP pedals, SHOD is hand made in Finland using only premium components, to give years of trouble-free operation with superb musical tone.
- Volume: Sets the output volume.
- Drive: Controls the amount of overdrive.
- Focus: Controls how easily the circuit distorts as well as adjusting overall EQ. Turning CCW gives less distortion and a mellow effect, turning CW gives a slight treble boost and earlier distortion. Good starting point is 11 o’clock.
Call or click to order today!
- Supply voltage range: 7.5 to 18VDC
- Current consumption: 5 mA at 9VDC
- Input impedance: 260K
- Output impedance: 25K Ohms
- True bypass
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.