- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Matthews Effects Astronomer v2 Celestial Reverb Effects Pedal
- Write a Review
- #L25460 000000000 L25460000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Join the celestial bodies with The Astronomer from Matthews Effects, a hall/shimmer reverb with two foot-switchable channels. Set one as a light hall...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Aim for the stars with this versatile reverb.
Join the celestial bodies with The Astronomer from Matthews Effects, a hall/shimmer reverb with two foot-switchable channels. Set one as a light hall reverb and the other as a deep ambient shimmer, or anything in between. One channel can be activated at a time, letting you dynamically switch between the two reverbs, giving you a wide range of options.
In 2015 Matthews Effects launched the Astronomer. A Hall Shimmer reverb that broke the mold of what customers had come to expect from a guitar pedal and for the last 3 years they have worked to improve and act on the feedback of the community to bring you a new age of Matthews Effects which promises to continue to push the limits of your expectations. Discover the heavens with the Astronomer V2!
Whats new in the V2
-100% Wet mix control
-External alt control
-100ma to power
-Tails or bypass mode!!
3 Reverb algorithms
* Canis Major - The Dog is an EchoVerb designed with droning and swells in mind. Glow controls your shimmer mix and use "Travel" to set the dog loose to run away or drone infinitely. Excels at pads and layering.
* Orion - The hunter is the classic hall reverb with shimmer. Tried and true the hunter excels as a hall reverb with "Glow" turned down all the way and dimed for a sound that feels straight from the heavens. Excels as your base reverb or ambient verb
* Ursa Major - The Bear is a chamber reverb with a pre octave mixed in with "Glow". Turn "Glow" all the way down for a haunting dark reverb great for lead lines and your base reverb or slowly turn up glow to taste to add a particle sound and emulate twinkling stars. Excels as your base reverb or ambient verb
100% Wet mix control
The mix starts a great low point and as you turn right you dial out your dry signal while turning up the wet reverb signal until its 100% wet!
Analog dry signal path
Your dry signal path is kept completely analog while mixing in your digital wet signal for the best of both worlds.
One of the things that set the Astronomer apart from other reverbs is its set of alt controls. The Astronomer has 3 knobs on the "top" row which have been duplicated on the "Bottom" row giving you two different sounds you can jump between. You can set both rows to the same row and jump between two different sounds on the same reverb or set them as different reverbs using the toggle switches at the top of the pedal. This creates a simple and straight forward way to get a wide and dynamic sound from just one pedal.
100ma to power
Matthews cut the power requirement in half making it easier to find a place on your power supply!
Tails or bypass mode
Probably one of the most requested features for the Astronomer is the ability to let those beautiful haunting layers continue as you switch the pedal off preventing a hard cut to your sound as your playing. If you still want that hard cut sound simply hold both foot switches for 10 seconds until the bypass led flashes and now you are in the bypass mode which cut the reverb signal as soon as you turn it off.
- Mass: The mix of your signal. Turn up to go 100% wet.
- Glow: controls the octave or shimmer on each algorithm.
- Travel: is the feedback or decay of the reverb.
- The bottom footswitch is your master bypass
- Top footswitch chooses which row of controls is active.
- The top left toggle lets you choose which algorithm is active for the top row.
- The top right toggle lets you choose which algorithm is active for the bottom row.
- External alt jack on the side lets you externally choose which row of controls is active
Call or click to order today!
- Power requirement: 9v 200ma (does not include power supply)
- Top-mounted I/O Jacks
- Soft-touch true bypass
- Dimensions: 4.77" x 2.6" x 1.39" (121.1mm x 66mm x 35.3mm)
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.