- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
MXR DD25 Green Day Dookie Drive Effects Pedal
- Write a Review
- L48910 000000000 L48910000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Billie Joe Armstrong’s guitar tone on Green Day’s groundbreaking album "Dookie" sounded dirty and punchy with the perfect amount of articulation to e...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Harness the iconic dual-amp tone on Green Day's "Dookie".
Billie Joe Armstrong’s guitar tone on Green Day’s groundbreaking album "Dookie" sounded dirty and punchy with the perfect amount of articulation to express the musicality of his fast, melodic riffs. He got that sound by running his signal through two heavily modified amplifiers—one scooped with a ton of gain, and one with a well-defined midrange. When it came time to mix the record, the band blended the two signals together in different ratios to match the vibe of each track.
To celebrate the 25th anniversary of "Dookie," MXR is releasing the Dookie Drive. It captures both the sound of both amps Billie Joe used in a single pedal so that you can dial in your own versions of that famous Dookie sound. MXR borrowed both of Billie Joe’s amps, and the team carefully analyzed all the sonic qualities that make them sound so darn good. After much analysis and A/B testing, the engineers rebuilt both amps from scratch in pedal circuit form and fit them into a single housing. The High Gain and Clean Gain sections each have their own controls, while the Blend control allows you to mix them together just like Green Day did in the studio. If you want some extra scoop in the midrange of the overall output signal, just hit the Scoop switch.
The MXR Dookie Drive isn’t just for Green Day fans—this totally unique pedal provides a full harmonic range of overdriven tones for a playing experience that is full of depth and dimension.
- Get the dirty, punchy overdrive sound Billie Joe Armstrong used on Green Day’s "Dookie"
- Captures the tones of both of Billie Joe’s custom amplifiers in a single pedal
- Blend the different circuits together for a harmonic range full of depth and dimension
- Unique circuit design built from the ground up by the award-winning MXR team
Call or click to order today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.