- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Rootmaster 420W 1x15 Bass Combo Amp
Condition 1 - Mint
- J13046 004000000 J13046004000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
After months of research & development, Ashdown has designed a range of products that are equipped with more features, more power, new stylish de...Click To Read More About This Product
(Open Box) Big low-end power in a portable combo.
After months of research & development, Ashdown has designed a range of products that are equipped with more features, more power, new stylish designs and best of all, a dramatic reduction in size and weight. The Rootmaster range of bass amplifiers truly stands out from the crowd.
The RM-420 combo features a comprehensive Pre Amp, with a classic 5 band EQ, an all-new compressor, plus footswitchable Drive and Sub Harmonic effects. A newly designed Class D power section and specially designed Ashdown 1 x 15" speaker help keeps the weight down. Other features include a mini jack auxiliary input with level control, FX loop, XLR DI, Speakon/Jack combination out and a jack input for an (optional) FS-2 footswitch. The all new MAG RM range is the solution for bassists who need affordable and dependable light weight power houses that present real low-end power.
Simple, powerful EQ
It all starts with an ultra-low-noise instrument input where the accompanying Input Level control helps you perfectly match the output of your bass. Five-band rotary tone controls act with surgical precision to provide total control over your sound, while a Shape switch instantly dials you in to a classic Ashdown tone setting, straight from the world-famous ABM.
Instantly adding warmth and body to your tone, this simple to use, great sounding compressor delivers a powerful, even sound to make sure your bass will fill out any mix.
Footswitchable variable overdrive
With footswitchable flexibility, our tube-emulated overdrive can take your core bass sound and push it into warm overdrive through to distorted filth whenever you need to add extra grind and girth to your tone.
Kick it down
Bringing extra depth and definition to your bass parts, the Sub-Harmonic Generator lets you dial in a sub-octave and kick it in via footswitch whenever you need the extra depth for those super-heavy Godzilla moments.
If you want to use your favourite pedals or multi-effects, you'll find send and return sockets on the back panel, along with a DI output for direct injection into the PA mixer or recording console and a Line Input (with front panel level control) so you can jam along with a backing track in rehearsal.
- Flexible, lightweight, and high powered bass amp with an Ashdown 15" speaker
- Built-in compressor and footswitchable overdrive for added punch and growl
- On-board Sub-Harmonic effect for added depth (footswitchable via optional FS-2 footswitch)
- Comprehensive five-band rotary EQ; Shape function boosts high and low frequencies
- Balanced XLR Direct Out; Effects Loop; Auxiliary Line In with Mix Control
- Power: 420W
- Single channel
- Speaker: 1x15"
- Controls: 5-band EQ, input level, compression, drive, sub, output, line mix
- Impedance: 8 Ohm
- FX loop
- Direct line out
- Dual outputs: 23.7" x 18.4" x 13.1"
- Dimensions: 48.5 lb.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.