- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Special Edition E 670 EL34 100W Guitar Amp Head
Condition 1 - Mint
- 481498 004000000 481498004000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Engl Special Edition amp head has the same features as the 6L6 power amp version, but produces 100W with EL34 power amp tubes cutting through any...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
(Open Box) Plentiful power, near endless sound shaping options, and cool stage looks.
The Engl Special Edition amp head has the same features as the 6L6 power amp version, but produces 100W with EL34 power amp tubes cutting through any music style. More punch and dynamics in the upper midrange. Shimmering blue lights inside give it a great look on darkened stages. This amp head is the perfect choice for the demanding guitarist.
- Tube Driver circuit for effect devices, also serves as a separate fifth channel that can be selected directly (with or without EQ) in reciprocation with the four channels
- Modern and Classic sound-shaping buttons determine the basic voicing of all four channels, giving you a broader, deeper tonal spectrum to work with
- Two Gain variants for each of the basic channels: Gain Boost and Hi Gain let you have two different gain settings for every channel
- Three voicing sections: one EQ for Clean and Crunch (Main Channel 1), one for Lead I and Lead II (Main Channel 2) and another for the Tube Driver. Every channel sports a dedicated Treble knob
- Various sound-shaping buttons tuned to match the tonal requirements of the given channels: Bright and Ultra Bright for Clean and Crunch, Contour and Mid Edge for the two Lead channels
- Large spring reverb for very natural-sounding reverb, with separate knobs for the two Main Channels
- Three effect loops: FX Loop I and FX Loop II are variable, switchable effect loops, while Serial FX Loop is a separate circuit that can be used in series with two main effect loops. Each effect loop may be activated for each channel as well as for the Tube Driver circuit
- Two each power amp Master and Presence knobs, accessible via MIDI. The amp can also be muted via MIDI controller 7
- Variable, MIDI-switchable power amp output (50W or 100W) with hot impedance adjustment (that is, on the fly)
- A/B speaker switching with separate impedance selector for connected speaker systems
- Balanced, frequency-compensated XLR line output for routing preamp or power amp signals to mixers or recording gear
- MIDI In and Thru ports serve to integrate the amp into a MIDI system
- 128 MIDI presents, accessible via 16 MIDI channels
- Offers three different remote interface ports: Serial Amp Control Port accepts the Custom Z-9 Footswitch (sold separately); MIDI In accepts the Z-9 for use as a simple MIDI footcontroller or any other MIDI footcontroller; amp is equipped with a stereo jack that takes a dual footswitch, allowing you to switch the four channels remotely
- Programmable Noise Gate for suppressing noise in the Crunch, Lead I and Lead II channels
- Made in Germany
Order today with the protection of our 45-day lowest price and total satisfaction guarantees.
- Input: from -20 dB, nominal, max. 0 dB
- Effect Return: from -20 dB nominal, max. 0 dB
- SEND, level range: from -20 dB to approx. 0 dB max.
- Frequ.Comp. Line Out: +6 dB max.
- Power consumption: approx. 390W max., equipped with 6L6GC power tubes
- external at 230/240 mains voltage: 2 ATL (2 amps slo-blo)
- External at 100/115/120 mains voltage: 4 ATL (4 amps slo-blo)
- Internal: 2 x 2.5 ATL (2 amps slo-blo)
- V1, V2, V3, V4: 6L6GC (factory loaded) or EL34, matched sets
- V5: ECC83 FQ, input tube
- V6, V7: ECC83 selected
- V8, V9: ECC83 standard
- Logic control system: AT89C52 microcontroller with internal 8K Flash Memory for Processor
- Software: software source code; Upgradeable with external Programmer
- Memory: EEPROM 93C66 for data retention
- MIDI: Asynchronous data protocol according to the MIDI standard, MIDI program changes 0 ” 127, MIDI channels 1 ” 16, MIDI controller 7 (main volume), value 0-5 = Master Volume Mute, Mute, value
> 5 = default, Master Volume level
- Serial Amp Control: Proprietary ENGL asynchronous data protocol
- Dimensions: 71 x 28 x 29 cm
- Weight: 26 kg; 57.3 lb.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.