- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Pittbull Fifty/CL 50W Tube Guitar Amp Head
Condition 1 - Mint Black
- Write a Review
- #582548 004001000 582548004001000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Pittbull Fifty/CL provides two channels of unapologetic attitude with a 50-watt power plant, delivering thick, touch-sensitive response with a de...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
(Open Box) An amp that lets you experience pure simplicity, total control and excellent note articulation with chordal clarity.
The Pittbull Fifty/CL provides two channels of unapologetic attitude with a 50-watt power plant, delivering thick, touch-sensitive response with a decidedly British persuasion.
Pittbull Series amps have been used on countless recordings and tours including classic albums by Helmet (Page Hamilton), Bon Jovi (Richie Sambora) Anthrax (Rob Caggiano) and Slipknot (Mick Thompson).
This is a no-nonsense amplifier with a deceptively simple feature set in which either channel can serve as a Clean, Vintage Crunch or Hi-gain channel. The CL’s Red & Green channels are similarly configured but voiced slightly differently for a wide palate of pristine clean, slightly dirty clean, spanking crunch and aggressive but harmonically rich overdrive. Combined with an extremely expressive graphic EQ, this allows for quick and intuitive sound sculpting.
Getting familiar with the Fifty/CL amplifier is easy, so don’t be terribly surprised when you find yourself up and running in no time. First-hand experience and real world application will yield the ultimate satisfaction of finding your own path of comprehension and self-expression.
The Pittbull Hundred/CL, paired with the FatBottom 412 cabinet, delivers ground shaking thump and blow-your-hair-back, low-end projection. For the ultimate portable rig, couple the Fifty/CL with the FatBottom 212.
- HI and LOW INPUTS HI - High sensitivity input (has a brighter tone), Low sensitivity input (has a slightly darker tone)
- CHANNEL SELECT SWITCH– Front panel channel switching function
- RED AND GREEN CHANNEL CONTROLS
- GAIN – Controls the amount of overdrive
- HI GAIN SWITCH – Gain Stacking Switch. Activates additional tube overdrive gain stage. Normal = 3 stages, Hi = 4 stages
- VOLUME – Channel Master. Sets the amount of volume of each Channel, pre FX loop
- BOOST - Switches from low gain (clean to slightly dirty) to medium gain (crunch to medium overdrive)
- TREBLE – Passive High frequency equalization
- EDGE SWITCH – Frequency-dependent gain boost. Enhances upper string harmonics and sustain
- MIDDLE – Passive Mid frequency equalization
- SHIFT SWITCH- Shifts Treble, Middle and Bass shelving down (Mid Boost)
- BASS – Passive low-frequency equalization
- GRAPHIC EQ – 100Hz, 250 Hz, 630 Hz, 1.2 kHz, 2.3 KHz, 5 kHz 12 dB cut or boost per band. Activated by rear panel pushbutton or footswitch (Channel assignable)
- MASTER VOLUME – Global power amp volume control, post FX loop
- STANDBY - Turns on high voltage to output section
- MAINS – Switches main AC power on or off
- POWER AMP MODE: Class AB/Class A – Class AB operates power tubes in fixed bias mode for full power for crisp highs and deep low end. Class A operated power tubes in Cathode Bias mode for slightly reduced output (30 Watts in Class A/NORMAL Mode) and softer highs and lows
- POWER AMP MODE: ENHANCE/NORMAL/AUTO:
- ENHANCE operates power amplifier from a Silicon Rectifier for crisp tone and increased power amp dynamics
- NORMAL operates power amplifier from a Tube Rectifier for smoother tone and increased power amp compression and distortion. This is accompanied by a slight reduction in output power to about 40 watts
- AUTO ties the MODE SWITCH to the front panel or foot-controlled channel switching function. In this mode NORMAL operates on the RED channel and ENHANCE operates on the GREEN channel
- IMPEDANCE SELECT - 4, 8 or 16 ohms. Example: Two 8 Ohm cabs = 4 Ohms, two 16 Ohm cabs = 8 Ohms
- LINE OUT with LEVEL CONTROL - Power amp line out jack with level control
- SWITCHABLE SERIES/PARALLEL EFFECTS LOOP with HI/LOW SWITCH
- EFFECTS RETURN also serves as power amp input. EFFECTS SEND Also serves as preamp output for recording and slaving
- PRESENCE and DEPTH CONTROLS- Variable high end response and low end excursion
Owns an amp that just begs to be cranked!
- 50 Watts RMS
- Selectable for 4, 8 or 16 ohms
- 1-12AX7WB (Russia)
- 3-12AX7AC (China Selected)
- 2-Premium Matched Mullard EL34 Power Tubes
- 1-Premium Tested 5U4G (Russia) Rectifier Tube
- FC-5 Footswitch (included)
- FatBottom for maximum projection, exceptional low-end definition and focused sound.
- Actual Dimensions (W x H X D): 29.25" X 9.5" X 10.5" (74 X 24 X 27 mm)
- Actual Weight: 37 Lb. (17 kg)
- Shipping Dimensions (W x H X D): 34" X 15" X 18" (86 X 38 X 45 mm)
- Shipping Weight: 44 Lb. (20 kg)
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.