- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Unicorn Uni-Vibe Photocell Modulator with Tap Tempo Effects Pedal
Condition 2 - Blemished Regular 190839351647
- Write a Review
- J47129 005000001 J47129005000001
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Pink Floyd’s “Breathe,” Jimi Hendrix’s “Star Spangled Banner live at Woodstock 1969," and Robin Trower’s “Bridge of Sighs” cemented the sound of a ph...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
(Open Box) Get mythical sound from your pedalboard.
Pink Floyd’s “Breathe,” Jimi Hendrix’s “Star Spangled Banner live at Woodstock 1969," and Robin Trower’s “Bridge of Sighs” cemented the sound of a photocell-based vibe effect as an electric guitar standard.
The JHS Pedals Unicorn is the company's version of this heralded effect, continuing the inspiring modulation/phasing/rotary sounds that never fail to push musical boundaries. And just like the originals, the designers included a toggle for choosing between a Uni-Vibe effect and a traditional vibrato setting. What sets Unicorn apart from all other vibe-style circuits is that it is the first-ever fully analog, photocell-based vibe with tap tempo as well as ratio, external tap control and external rate control via expression pedal (optional). And the Unicorn does it all with only four knobs and a mini-toggle switch.
In a day and age when everything has been seen and done, JHS brings you the first-ever, 100% analog vibe photocell modulator with onboard tap tempo. You’re welcome.
Sounds as Good as You Remember
The Unicorn is bursting with all the lush and washy pulsations that changed what the electric guitar could sound like in the 1960s. And this is no digital emulation. The Unicorn sports the real-deal, analog photocell topology of the original units.
In-Depth Tempo Control
There are other analog vibe pedals and there are pedals with tap-tempo control, but the JHS Unicorn is the first to put them together. Add optional external speed control and a ratio knob that determines the rhythmic subdivisions, and you have one of the most versatile vibe pedals on the market.
External Tempo and Expression Control
But wait, there’s more! One of the things that makes the vintage Shin-ei Uni-Vibes so desirable is your ability to control the effect’s rate in real time with an external expression pedal. And to go one step further, you can slave the pedal to other tap-controlled pedals for rhythmic consistency across all your effects.
- Sounds like the originals because it’s built like the originals
- All-analog signal path delivers a warm, touch-sensitive tone
- Dry/Wet toggle selects between a Uni-Vibe and vibrato effect
- Control the rate of the effect with the Speed knob or onboard tap-tempo footswitch
- Want quarter note, dotted eighth, or triplet rhythms? They’re all found on the Ratio knob
- LED indicator notifies you of the effect’s tempo, even when disengaged
- Internal Tap/Expression mini switch controls the side-mounted Tap/Exp TRS jack
- Expression pedal control of the Unicorn’s rate in the Exp setting
- Use an external source to control the rate in the Tap Out setting (Works great with our Panther Cub Delay, Emperor Chorus pedals)
Call or click to order today!
- Power requirement: 9V DC negative
- Consumes 100mA
- Dimensions: 4.7 x 3.7 x 1.2 in.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.