- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Minifooger Boost Guitar Effects Pedal
Condition 2 - Blemished Regular 190839249289
- Write a Review
- J20503 005000002 J20503005000002
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The MF Boost is an Expression-enhanced, twin topology boost pedal that allows you to select between an articulate VCA signal path and a colored OTA s...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
(Open Box) Tone-enhancing VCA boost/buffer pedal with selectable signal paths, tone-shaping circuit, natural compression, and expression pedal control of gain.
The MF Boost is an Expression-enhanced, twin topology boost pedal that allows you to select between an articulate VCA signal path and a colored OTA signal path. This completely unique boost design works with your guitar and amplifier to conjure boutique sound and responsiveness from any guitar/amplifier combination. Its natural compression and sound enhancement also bring out the best tone and performance in other effects pedals. When paired with an expression pedal, the MF Boost can be used as a tone enhancing volume pedal or sweepable-gain boost pedal. The expression pedal input also provides access to higher gain values not available on the panel.
GAIN - Sets the input gain from off to maximum. With the Boost switch in the down position (VCA mode), this knob should be set to maximum. In this setting you will notice tighter bottom, focused midrange, and a more open top end. With Boost in the up position (clipped OTA mode), the sound is creamy and lightly compressed with a slightly more forward midrange.
BOOST - In the down position, signal is sent through the VCA signal path providing clean, articulate tonal enhancement with a subtle 6dB boost (12dB+ with expression). This setting feels and sounds like a boutique amp in a pedal. With the switch in the up position, signal is sent through the clipped OTA path providing 12dB of boost (18dB+ with expression). This path has a creamy, classic tone that bonds guitar and amplifier for everything from subtle bite and drive to singing leads. Both settings have a naturally occurring musical compression.
TONE - At higher settings this control adds openness, note articulation and picking detail. In this setting the top-end in your amplifier is sweetened while remaining smooth, the mids become focused, and the bottom end appears more robust and tight. At lower settings the Tone control can be used to fatten up an amp or tame harsh top-end.
LEVEL - Level allows you to trim the output of the Boost while maintaining input gain coloration. This control does not go completely off.
EXPRESSION PEDAL INPUT - This input is assigned to Gain. With Gain set to minimum, an expression pedal can be used as a volume pedal. At the mid setting in clipped OTA mode, the expression pedal allows you to swell in and out boost levels musically. At maximum, use an expression pedal to add input Gain not available on the panel of your MF Boost and overdrive your amp.
- Articulate tone enhancement tool that you leave engaged
- Two selectable signal paths with natural compression
- Transparent tone circuit adds articulation, Nashville cluck, or removes harshness
- Can be used as a clean boost pedal, a dirty boost pedal and a volume pedal
- Expression pedal adds gain past the panel setting
- True Bypass
- Designed to perform with any Guitar, Amp, or Bass guitar configuration
Add this to your cart today!
- Signal Path:100% analog
- Bypass type: True bypass
- Power: +9VDC
- Weight:18 oz. (0.5kg)
- Enclosure: Cast aluminum
- Dimensions (DxWxH): 5.75 (14.4 cm) x 3.25 (8.3 cm) x 2.25 (5.8 cm)
- GAIN: -65dB - +18dB
- TONE CONTROL: 165 Hz - 20KHz Lowpass Filter 6dB/Octave (wet signal only)
- EXPRESSION: Controls Gain (Max Input level +5VDC)
- INPUT IMPEDANCE:1 MegaOhm
- OUTPUT IMPEDANCE: 100 Ohm minimum
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Moog Minifooger Boost Guitar Effects Pedal:
If anything this cuts the volume. Only time I hear any change up is with all three knobs full up. Any place else and it cuts volume and tone.
- Was this a gift?: