- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
JDX Direct-Drive Amp Simulator and DI Box Guitar Effects
Condition 1 - Mint
- J43648 004000000 J43648004000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Radial JDX Direct-Drive is a unique and powerful device that emulates the sound of a guitar amplifier while doubling as a direct box. Unlike a ty...Click To Read More About This Product
(Open Box) An amp emulator and direct box in one handy pedal.
The Radial JDX Direct-Drive is a unique and powerful device that emulates the sound of a guitar amplifier while doubling as a direct box. Unlike a typical direct box that merely transfers the sound of the pedals to the PA, the Direct-Drive simulates the tone and feel of a real guitar amp, producing a much more realistic sound. In other words, with the Direct-Drive on your pedalboard, you can do a gig without carrying an amp to the club.
The design begins with a traditional .25 in. guitar input and passive thru-put to feed a stage amp. This is then followed by a dedicated tuner output that is buffered in order to eliminate loading on the pickup or noise from the quartz clock. The guitar signal is then passed through a series of carefully sculpted filters to create Radial’s signature JDX tone. This is modeled after the sound of a Shure SM57™ in front of a Marshall™ 4x12 cabinet. The Direct-Drive goes further with two more voicing settings: the first adds a vintage Marshall tube head character to the signal path while the second delivers a tone reminiscent of an early Fender Twin. The two amp tones can be further tailored using a presence switch for extra sparkle. The guitar signal exits the Direct-Drive via either a 1/4" guitar-level output or via a balanced XLR to feed the PA. The direct box output is outfitted with a 180° polarity reverse switch to help phase-align monitors with the stage amp along with a ground lift switch to help eliminate hum and buzz caused by ground loops. The Direct-Drive may be powered using a standard 9V power supply or typical pedalboard power brick.
As with all Radial products, the Direct-Drive is made to handle the rigors of professional touring with 14-gauge steel throughout. This not only helps prevent damage to the internal PCB, it also reduces susceptibility to noise from external magnetic fields.
- Guitar amp simulator for pedalboards
- Eliminates need to bring an amp to the gig
- 4 x 12 half-stack and open back combo tones
- Employs Radial’s popular JDX tone shaping
Call or click to order today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.