- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
S6420+ Thunderbolt Plus 35W 1x15 Tube Guitar Combo Amp
Condition 2 - Blemished 190839429643
- Write a Review
- J27785 005000002 J27785005000002
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Supro Thunderbolt Plus amplifier adds switchable power-amp topology to the legendary 1964 Supro Thunderbolt, giving you the original 35-Watt “Cla...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
(Open Box) Super-simple controls, but plenty of versatility.
- Supro Thunderbolt Amplifier Studio Demo by Bob Lanzetti from Snarky Puppy
- Happy Stranger - Bob Lanzetti, Chris McQueen, Michael League, Jonathan Maron, & Louis Cato
- Supro Thunderbolt Amplifier Studio (CLEAN) Demo by Michael League from Snarky Puppy
- Lenburu - Bob Lanzetti, Chris McQueen, Michael League, Jonathan Maron, & Louis Cato
- Supro Thunderbolt Amplifier Studio (Fbass HAMMERTONE) Demo by Michael League from Snarky Puppy
- Supro Thunderbolt Amplifier Studio Demo (CRUNCH) by Michael League from Snarky Puppy
- Mark Lettieri of Snarky Puppy plays the Supro Thunderbolt with Pigtronix FAT Drive & Echolution 2
- Supro Thunderbolt Reissue Amplifier Soundcheck Demo by Eric Krasno (Soulive)
- Matt Smith plays the Supro S6420 Thunderbolt 1964 Reissue Tube Amplifier
The Supro Thunderbolt Plus amplifier adds switchable power-amp topology to the legendary 1964 Supro Thunderbolt, giving you the original 35-Watt “Class A” Cathode bias sound as well as beefy 45-Watt and 60-Watt Grid bias modes for additional headroom and tonal variation. This unique design is implemented via a three-way selector switch on the front panel.
Normal and extra-hot input options, combined with a wide range of available gain on tap, allow you to fine-tune the texture and response of this amp’s massive sound. Turned all the way up, the Thunderbolt exhibits nearly zero self-noise, yet it puts out enough volume to be easily heard on large venue and theatre stages, with overdrive completely controlled by the guitar’s volume knob. The 35-Watt and 45-Watt modes both deliver the sag and bluster of the 5U4 tube rectifier while the 60-Watt mode uses a silicon rectifier to unleash maximum Thunderbolt power. The 60-Watt mode’s faster transient response and ample headroom is wonderful for pedals, and brings the Supro sound loud and clear to any size venue.
Massive custom transformers and lightweight, vintage-correct cabinetry—combined with the best sounding 15” guitar speaker money can buy—put the Thunderbolt in a class of its own. With the amp turned all the way up, chords ring with exceptional clarity and definition amidst copious amounts of tube overdrive and output-stage saturation. The variable power switching found in the Thunderbolt Plus model is an over-the-top hot-rod custom luxury guitar experience.
- Power: 35 watts (Class A, with tube rectifier); 45 watts (Class AB with tube rectifier); 60 watts (Class AB with silicon rectifier)
- Tubes: two 12AX7; two 6L6; one 5U4
- Single channel
- Two inputs
- Speaker: 1x15 Supro TB15
- Controls: tone, volume, 3-way power-amp switching knob
- Blue Rhino Hide tolex
- Dimensions: 23.6 in. x 19 in. x 10.5 in.
- Weight: 45 lbs.
- Assembled in the U.S.A.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.