- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Tone Garage Flat 4 Boost Guitar Effects Pedal
Condition 2 - Blemished Regular 190839617019
- J00340 005000001 J00340005000001
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The FLAT 4 BOOST takes advantage of VOX's newly developed Hi-Volt technology and provide not only the warm tone expected from a tube but also the all...Click To Read More About This Product
(Open Box) Boost with thoughtful design.
The FLAT 4 BOOST takes advantage of VOX's newly developed Hi-Volt technology and provide not only the warm tone expected from a tube but also the all important feel and dynamics.
¢ Discrete circuitry - the result of a relentless design philosophy
¢ True bypass design provides tonal confidence even when the effect is off
¢ Tough die-cast body that stands up to the rigors of the road
¢ Newly developed Hi-Volt technology allows the tube to operate at 200V, even on battery power
¢ Gain control lets you adjust the tonal character
¢ Heater current's slow start circuit ensures vacuum tube longevity
¢ Full range booster that delivers true vacuum tube sound
¢ An independent mid-boost switch lets you switch the response of the mid-range
A versatile full-range booster
This vacuum tube booster can be used for a mid-boost, treble-boost, and overdrive, in addition to a full-range boost. Its Baxandall tone circuit allows adjustment from the flat position to the desired boost or cut range. Raising the gain will gradually apply a low-cut, giving you an overdrive sound that's strongly reminiscent of sought-after vintage tones. An independent mid-boost switch lets you switch the response of the mid-range, which is ideal for playing lead. This is a great unit for blues guitarists who wish to highlight their picking nuances.
Newly-developed Hi-Volt technology that overturns expectations for compact effect units
Hi-Volt technology enables the vacuum tube to operate at 200V while still running on a battery. This enables a true tube-driven sound that overturns your expectations for a compact effect unit.
What is Hi-Volt?
VOX has revealed a new vacuum tube circuit technology called Hi-Volt. It delivers high voltage (200V) to a 12AX7 vacuum tube by using 6x AA batteries or the DC9V power supply.
The discrete circuit works at 20V, which is still considered high voltage operation compared to other general effects products. The result is a natural and dynamic tone which is similar to that of a vacuum tube amplifier. Even though vacuum tubes are considered big by modern component size standards, our engineers were able to keep these pedals small, so you don't have to worry about them taking up too much space on your pedal board.
Gain control that lets you vary the character of your sound
The transistor amplification circuit has also received a good deal of consideration. We've designed the gain control so that adjusting its position does not simply change the amplitude, but will also change the tonal character in a subtle way. From zero to max, it yields an array of highly usable and natural overdrive tones.
Carefully designed power supply circuit that extends vacuum tube lifespan
Since high current flows through a vacuum tube when the power is turned on, we have provided a heater current slow start circuit that extends the lifespan of the vacuum tube and also avoids malfunctions for the AC adapter.
- Input impedance: 1M ?
- Output impedance: 2.2k ?
- Vacuum tube: ECC83 / 12AX7
- Connections: INPUT jack (guitar input), OUTPUT jack (line output)
- Power: AA battery x 6
- AC adapter: DC 9V (Option)
- Vacuum tube operating voltage: 200 V
- Consumption current: 240 mA
- Battery Life: Approximately 7 hours
- Dimensions: (W x D x H): 87 x 132 x 63 / mm, 3.43 x 5.20 x 2.48 / inch
- Weight: 420 g / 14.81 oz (not including battery)
- Accessories: AA alkaline battery x 6 (for verifying operation)
- Options: AC Adapter
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.