- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Peavey VB-MA Michael Anthony Signature 300W Tube Bass Amp Head
- Write a Review
- #L17963 000001000 L17963000001000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Michael Anthony VB-MA signature tube-powered bass amplifier is a 300-Watt all-tube head that packs a low-end punch, while weighing in at an extre...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Massive power and extensive tone-shaping in a lightweight head.
The Michael Anthony VB-MA signature tube-powered bass amplifier is a 300-Watt all-tube head that packs a low-end punch, while weighing in at an extremely portable 38 lbs.
As a member of legendary bands, Michael Anthony has toured the globe, performing before millions of people. Currently with the supergroup Chickenfoot, Anthony has relied on the Peavey VB-3 exclusively and is now proud to share a uniquely voiced model that suits his exacting demands perfectly.
Anthony comments, "Having road tested the Peavey VB-3 around the world with Chickenfoot, I can honestly say that these amps rock ... and rock HARD!! I am excited now to share my own amp and sound and it is awesome!" Similar to Peavey's popular VB-3 bass amplifier, the dual-channeled VB-MA is styled with a striking red backlit panel that features Michael Anthony's chili pepper logo. The VB-MA combines four 12AX7 and two 12AT7 preamp tubes with a matched octet of EL34 tubes that give players tons of characteristic pentode tube tone with uncharacteristically tight response for an all-tube amplifier. An innovative, and tour necessary world-compatible switch-mode power supply and advanced design provide stadium levels of explosive tonality.
When it comes to live performance, Anthony insists on rock solid tonal control. That's why the VB-MA is loaded with a true independent second overdrive channel with separate EQ and Master Volume controls. But Anthony and Peavey didn't stop there. The addition of a unique Blend control enables players to blend between overdrive and clean channels for even more tonal flexibility.
Backing up the amplifier's organic tube tone is a vintage three-band active/mid-cut EQ that combines traditional high and low tone controls with a mid control featuring a four-position midrange selector switch that allows players to set the mid-frequency at 200, 450, 600 or 800 Hz. Combined with the nine-band, constant-Q graphic equalizer--spaced at optimized frequencies, with each slider providing 15 dB of cut and boost--the VB-MA allows for virtually any EQ curve imaginable.
Peavey's patented Resonance and Presence controls adjust the damping factor at the low and high ends, respectively. The VB-MA features a three-way speaker impedance selector, to enable players to match the VB-MA to virtually any bass speaker enclosure. Resonance and Presence are also useful in dialing in power and response for particular styles, including "tight" sounds that are not normally associated with tube amplifiers. Includes footswitch.
Play any gig with your sound and power to spare. Order today.
- Eight EL-34, Four 12AX7 and two 12AT7 tubes
- Bright switch
- Low cut switch
- Tube compressor with Level control
- Master 9-band graphic EQ with defeat switch and LED
- Master Resonance and Presence controls
- Single input
- 15 dB Pad switch
- Mute switch with flashing blue LED
- Power and Standby switches
- Back-lit faceplate for Pilot
- Striking red backlit panel with Michael Anthony's chili pepper logo
- Buffered tuner send
- Overdrive with blend control for blending in the overdrive with the clean channel with EQ control
- Master effects loop
- Universal power supply for worldwide compatibility
- 300 Watts
- Master volume
- Weight: 37.04 lb(16.8 kg)
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.