- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Pettyjohn Electronics Gold Overdrive Effects Pedal
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L19672 000000000 L19672000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
What started as a simple box inspired by classic “Golden amps from Britain” ended up to be more than just an amp-in-a-box. The Pettyjohn Electronics ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Get versatile, vintage, British-style overdrive that sounds absolutely golden.
What started as a simple box inspired by classic “Golden amps from Britain” ended up to be more than just an amp-in-a-box. The Pettyjohn Electronics Gold is incredibly touch sensitive, with the ability to clean up with pick attack or volume knob at any setting while covering a very wide gain range. The gain covers many of the designers' favorite flavors; from classic low-gain edge of breakup “plexi” style tones through full on distortion with one knob, making it the company's most versatile overdrive to date.
To handle the wide range of gain, they equipped the Gold with the company's most powerful EQ section to date with three analog filters. This provides the player with maximum tone shaping power. The EQ section includes Pettyjohn's musical Passive Wide-Range Low Cut and High Cut equipped with a top-shelf Auri-cap for ultimate transparency while dialing in top-end and bass response.
The Gold also features a new parametric mid control! With this new “Mids” band, the guitarist can take full control of their tone with a healthy dose of boost OR cut with a wide sweep-able range that covers 400 Hz to 2 kHz, giving you the power to emulate your favorite British tone stack or correct the mid-range of your amp and perfect the tone you hear in your head.
While developing the Gold, the engineers wanted to accomplish the feel of a high wattage amp and the combo of the dual-rail, high-voltage power section. Boutique amp style tone caps help create a truly inspirational experience that blurs the line between pedals and high end amps. Baring no expense, hand-made in Oregon, USA, from top-shelf components, the Gold retains the highest signal quality at any setting that will satisfy even the most discerning guitarist.
Under the hood, the Gold has 2 extra settings controls on Mini-pots. Easily accessible by removing the bottom 4 screws, these controls offer extra tweaking for those who really want to further customize their Gold experience. One toggle controls the headroom of the gain amp. The Gold is set in the High Headroom position, for a dynamic, touch-sensitive drive experience but some guitarist may prefer the Low Headroom setting. The Low Headroom setting will add harmonics and an increased sense of breakup and gain with a slight tightening of the lows. This pushes the upper gain ranges well into classic distortion territory and great for those who want a very saturated tone. The other mini-toggle adds a vintage amp style Orange Drop capacitor into the High EQ circuit. This cap will give the top a slightly softer, warm “vintage” flavor that can work really nice with bright amps or guitars.
The Gold is a low noise, edge-of-breakup to distortion overdrive with amp-like dynamics and feel. It features a versatile three band studio grade EQ for enough tone shaping power to work well in any player’s rig.
- Wide gain range inspired by vintage Marshall tones from low-gain overdrive through full-on distortion
- Amp-like feel and dynamics
- Sweep-able low cut control from 20Hz to 750Hz for full control of the low end
- Mid bell with 8dB boost or cut at any frequency between 400Hz and 2kHz for total mid-range control
- High cut control sweeps down from 20 kHz to 1 kHz giving total control over the high end response of the circuit.
- High Cut Filter comes equipped with a genuine Auri-Cap audiophile capacitor for transparent high-end quality or select an Orange Drop for a smooth, vintage response via the internal mini-toggle
- Internal mini-toggle for adjusting the headroom of the gain amp
- 8. High Performance Power:
- · Dual-rail power section with 9V to 18V operation range, providing 18V-36V of voltage swing for huge internal headroom while drawing 50mA
- 9. Audiophile, Studio-Grade Performance in a Pedal:
- · Audiophile grade, through-hole 1% Metal Film resistors
- · Top shelf WIMA and Silver Mica caps used in tone sensitive operations
- · Shortest purest signal path possible
- · Lead-Free PCB constructed with Audiophile Lead-free Silver Solder
- · Extremely Low Noise
Call or click to order today!
- Dual-rail power section with 9V to 18V operation range, providing 18V-36V of voltage
- Draws 50mA
- True hardwire bypass switching
- Rear-mounted jacks
- Dimensions: 2.75” x 4.75” x 2.5”
- Weight: 2.5 lb.
- Custom box and circuit handmade in Oregon, USA
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.