- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Radial Engineering JX-42 Guitar and Amp Switcher
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J33114 000000000 J33114000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Radial JX-42 is a compact guitar and amp switcher made to handle up to four guitars and two amps simultaneously.Designed for concert touring, the...Click To Read More About This Product
Switch between amps and guitars easily, in the studio or on stage.
The Radial JX-42 is a compact guitar and amp switcher made to handle up to four guitars and two amps simultaneously.
Designed for concert touring, the JX-42 begins with four radio-style switches that immediately turn the previous channel off when the new channel is selected. These are complimented with easy-to-see LEDs for visual feedback on dark stages. To ensure the quietest switching possible, opto-resistive couplers are employed that ramp up and down the signal, eliminating any popping that could otherwise occur. This is particularly important when using the JX-42 with high gain amps. Connecting the optional JR5 footswitch enables remote control over input channels.
Inside, Radial's award-winning 100% discrete class-A buffering circuit ensures absolute fidelity is maintained. Each input channel also sports a recessed dual-function 'set and forget' potentiometer that can be assigned as either a level control to match wireless systems or be set to Drag™ for precise load correction when using magnetic pickups. Drag Control replicates the tone and feel as if connected directly to a guitar amp. There are two main stage amp outputs. These are transformer isolated to eliminate hum and buzz caused by ground loops. Selecting the amps may be done using a front panel AB selector switch or by connecting the optional JR2 remote footswitch via a TRS jack. Adding the JR2 footswitch also lets you mute the amps for quiet on-stage tuning.
Made from 15 gauge steel, the JX-42 follows Radial's trademark bookend design to create a protective zone around the switches and knobs and safeguard against the harsh environment of professional touring. The unique I-Beam construction adds tremendous rigidity to protect the internal circuit board from torque which could lead to premature cold solder joints. Optional rack ears allow one or two JX-42s to be rack-mounted in a single 19" rack space.
- Selects up to 4 guitars and 2 amps
- Ultra quiet opto-resistive switching
- Transformer isolated—eliminates hum
- Optional JR2 & JR5 remote control footswitches
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.