- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster Guitar Effects Pedal
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J13688 000000000 J13688000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Pickup Booster allows you to boost your signal without altering the character of your sound while also allowing you to access different pickup to...Click To Read More About This Product
Works with your pickups to achieve optimum gain and resonance.
The Pickup Booster allows you to boost your signal without altering the character of your sound while also allowing you to access different pickup tones with the flip of the Resonance Switch. With its class A, low-noise circuit design, the Pickup Booster is exceptional at emphasizing a guitar's natural tone while adding some muscle and fatness. It's extremely transparent, adds clarity and has several new improvements that build even further on the original's success. The Gain control can now be turned down to unity (0dB). There is also a discrete push-pull output stage that gives you increased drive capability. So even with the Gain knob down at 0dB and a long cable length, your signal chain will sound cleaner.
The Resonance Switch makes the pedal interact directly with your pickups, allowing those with single-coils to flip a switch for a vintage humbucker sound that's perfect for classic rock or blues. With another flip of the switch you can get a high-output humbucker tone for rip roaring solos or for blasting gain out of a tube amp. You can use the Pickup Booster for a clean, buffered boost with more headroom or you can fatten up a humbucker for maximum saturation and sustain.
Clean, buffered boost
This setting will give a transparent boost to your signal to drive the rest of your pedal board with greater signal headroom and no loss of high-end, or use at the end of your pedal chain to drive long cable runs back to your amp.
Setting the Resonance Switch to the "1" position will shift the resonant peak of a single-coil pickup down, thickening up your tone. Putting the Gain control up to the 12 o'clock position will let you drive the front-end of the amp for more grit. This setting really lets the intensity of your playing come through, staying clean until you dig in and bring out the sweet harmonics of your amp.
This setting, with the Resonance Switch on "2" and the Gain control all the way up, gives a single coil the fatness of a high-output humbucker along with the full push of your amp's preamp stage, resulting in a meaty, saturated tone. Great for beefing up your solos.
This setting, with the Resonance Switch on "0" and the Gain control all the way up, gives maximum saturation and sustain to a humbucker.
- Type of circuitry: Fully discrete, Class A
- Gain range: 0 to 25 dB
- Bypass: True bypass
- Pickup Resonance Switch: Makes a single-coil pickup sound like a vintage humbucker ("1") or high output humbucker ("2").
- Frequency Response: -3dB at 30Hz and 38 kHz
- Distortion: < 0.02% at 200mV RMS output
- Noise: -120 dBV (referred to input with gain set at 25dB)
- Input impedance: 250K Ohms (when effect is "on")
- Output impedance: 150 Ohms
- Power: 9V battery or external 9 to 18V Regulated DC Adapter (center negative)
- Current consumption: 4.5mA @ 9V (when LED is "on"), 3mA @ 9V (when LED is "off"). Currents at 18V are 11mA and 8mA, respectively.
- Dimensions: 2.61" X 4.90" X 1.45"
- Weight: 0.8 lb. without battery
Improve your sound without changing pickups. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.