- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Supro 1688T Big Star 25W 2x12 Tube Guitar Combo Amp
- Write a Review
- J37118 000000000 J37118000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The 1688T Big Star is the largest and most aggressive Supro 1964 Reissue amplifier. This all-tube luxury 2x12 combines the instantly recognizable ton...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Gorgeous vintage tube tone in a powerful 2x12 platform.
The 1688T Big Star is the largest and most aggressive Supro 1964 Reissue amplifier. This all-tube luxury 2x12 combines the instantly recognizable tone of the Supro Class-A power amp with a pair of custom 12” drivers housed in a wide-body, vintage correct cabinet to create a larger-than-life guitar sound at a functional gigging volume.
The Supro Big Star reissue features two channels wired in parallel with automatic linking of both channels when only the first input is used. Like a vintage Supro, the bass EQ on the first channel of the Big Star is voiced approximately one octave below the second channel. Combining these two complimentary channels together yields a huge, wide-range sound that captures the complex midrange texture of the original top-of-the-line Supro amp. This easy-to-use and versatile input scheme also allows for two instruments to share the same amp and provides channel switching with a simple A/B box. The two parallel preamp channels sum together into the swampy output tube tremolo and power section.
This historic amplifier’s cathode biased, Class-A power section provides whisper-quiet, low-noise performance with exceptional touch dynamics and generous amounts of power tube saturation. The unique Supro power amp allows players to run this rig at full volume on stage or in the studio, while using their hands to control the texture of the sound. The 1688T Big Star provides a huge variety of classic tones ranging from warm jazz to dirty blues and high-gain rock simply by adjusting your guitar’s volume knob. This is a bona-fine Supro reissue, designed by Bruce Zinky & Thomas Elliot and hand-assembled in Long Island, USA. It will rock your world.
- Power: 25W (tube)
- Tubes: four 12AX7 (preamp); two 6973 (power amp)
- Two channels with parallel link
- Two inputs
- Speakers: 2x12 Supro DT12
- Built-in tube tremolo
- Blue rhino hide tolex
- Dimensions: 27.8 in. x 18 in. x 10.5 in.
- Weight: 50 lbs.
- Assembled in the U.S.A.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.