- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Tech 21 Q\Strip Dual Parametric EQ Instrument DI Pedal
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J51518 000000000 J51518000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The ‘60s and ‘70s are widely recognized as the heyday for professional recording console design. The EQ and preamp sections of these near-mythical vi...Click To Read More About This Product
Recreate the rich, warm tones of consoles from the 1960s and '70s.
The ‘60s and ‘70s are widely recognized as the heyday for professional recording console design. The EQ and preamp sections of these near-mythical vintage consoles are highly sought after, even to this day. Some of the most iconic guitar and bass tones in the history of recorded audio were tracked “direct” straight into these consoles’ channel strips.
The Q\Strip was designed with sophisticated features that enable you to take these highly-coveted tone shaping circuits with you, whether you’re heading to a live gig or tracking in the studio or into your DAW. It’s compact, extremely cost-effective and in an ultra-convenient DI format.
The 100% analog MOSFET circuitry in the heart of the Q\Strip provides the warmth, girth and larger-than-life tones for which vintage consoles are revered. Add in four bands of pro-audio-quality equalization, two parametric mid bands, as well as high and low shelving filters, and you have incredible control over how your instrument cuts through on stage or in a mix.
The HPF and LPF give added control over the frequency spectrum whether you’re going direct with your bass, guitar, fiddle—or even a vocal. The Q\Strip is limited only by how far you are willing to push your creativity and how much of that juicy vintage tone you crave.
- HPF cuts unmusical rumble associated with many instruments when going direct.
- LPF rolls off undesirable frequencies. Can also be used as a speaker simulator. When used in conjunction with the studio-grade EQ section, you can recreate different speaker cabinet curves so you can go direct with your favorite distortion and effects pedals.
- Very high impedance accommodates piezos and handles low impedance sources equally well.
- XLR is capable to drive power amps and has a -20dB pad to accommodate mic level inputs on mixers and pre-amps.
- 1/4-inch output has switchable +10dB boost on tap, which is useful to drive power amps or push tube amps into overdrive.
- Smooth-action custom actuator
- All-metal housing
- Three modes of operation:
- 1. Phantom power via the XLR Output
- 2. Standard 9V alkaline battery (not included)
- 3. Optional power supply (Tech 21 Model #DC4)
Call or click to order today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.