- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Tech 21 SH1 Steve Harris Signature Bass SansAmp
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L71435 000000000 L71435000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Known for his galloping fleet-fingered bass lines, Steve Harris’ distinctive style and tone have, andcontinue to be, required reading — whether you’r...Click To Read More About This Product
Get the mighty bass tone of Iron Maiden's Steve Harris.
Known for his galloping fleet-fingered bass lines, Steve Harris’ distinctive style and tone have, and
continue to be, required reading — whether you’re into metal or not. Like Tech 21’s other signature gear, the SH1 is not just for one single tone or genre. The controls are designed to provide an expansive range of adjustability so you can dial in a wide spectrum of bass tones as well.
A true hands-on professional, Steve Harris not only formed Iron Maiden, he writes the bulk of their songs, plays multiple instruments, mixes recordings, directs and edits both live and production videos, and sings. As if that wasn’t enough, Steve somehow finds time for British Lion, which he describes as a side project that’s more mainstream rock than metal.
When it comes to Steve’s rig, surprisingly it has barely changed in almost 40 years. What has never changed is his handmade custom pre-amp, the “Alectron,” as well as his prized custom vintage Marshall cabs loaded with EV speakers. Since it wasn’t practical to travel with his full rig for smaller venues, Steve turned to Tech 21. He was out on tour with British Lion when he received the original SH1 prototype and had this to say:
"The tour is going fantastic. And the reason it's going fantastic is this little thing here. It's unbelievable. [Andrew Barta] is a real boffin*. Because he's managed to simulate my EV speaker sounds, which I love so much. And it's in this little box. Whatever he's done, he's made this thing sound like my sound. So, well done, mate."
While this collaboration began as a solution for touring with British Lion, the SH1 earned a place as a component of his live sound on Iron Maiden's Legacy of the Beast 2019 tour.
Call or click to order today!
- All-analog SansAmp technology
- Two channel modes with individual Gain and Level controls
- Blend to control the ratio of SansAmp Tube Amplifier Emulation and direct instrument signal
- 4-band active EQ, cut or boost ±18dB
- Bite switch to activate a “Steve” boost for extra clank and clarity
- Chromatic tuner
- 1/4-inch 4.7megOhm input
- XLR output with ground lift to go direct to a PA desk or studio board
- 1/4-inch low impedance output
- Speaker simulation defeat switch
- Rugged, all-metal housing
- Metal footswitches and jacks
- Silent-switching, custom footswitch actuators
- Utilizes included 9V DC Universal Power Supply: Model #DC9. “Auto-switching,” self-adjusting 100V-240V, 200mA. Includes interchangeable international prong assemblies for EU, UK, Australia/New Zealand for use anywhere in the world.
- Dimensions: 7.75” x 2.5” x 1.25”
- Weight: 12 oz
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.