- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Wampler Faux Tape Echo Delay Pedal
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J47443 000000000 J47443000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Based on the hugely popular best seller of the previous models, the V2 offers the same purity of signal path, the same depth of tone on the repeats a...Click To Read More About This Product
Now in its second incarnation, the Faux Tape Echo V2 brings you everything you want from a standard delay pedal in the ultimate gig friendly package.
Based on the hugely popular best seller of the previous models, the V2 offers the same purity of signal path, the same depth of tone on the repeats and most importantly, the addition of sub divisions on the tap tempo. With this, you can now have your delays come at ¼, 1/8, dotted 1/8 and triplet based on your tap tempo.
With Wampler's hybrid design (completely pure analog dry path with the digital delay layered on top) approach, you get the best of both worlds. You get the note clarity, much lower noise, and longer delay times from digital delays. You also get the lovely warmth and little exquisite touches that are usually reserved for analog delays. Nearly every part of the pedal and all of its major functions, are analog. The “delay line” is the only digital part of the signal path. It alone being digital brings clarity and focus to the task in a way that analog delay line chips can’t really match.
But everything else, all the absolutely vital filtering to carefully finish the sound is pure analog. Every aspect of the modulation that gives the Faux Tape Echo pedal a unique function and tone, and makes it desirable for people who want their delay tone to sound as good as tape delay units but without all the maintenance, supplies and hassle. Your all-important fundamental dry tone is 100% analog, too.
So when they say it’s the best of both worlds, they absolutely mean it. From country slap-back to ambient washes to straight-ahead rock and metal delay, the hybrid approach lets Brian make one pedal that can do it all.
The Faux Tape Echo takes everything great about the original, and adds to it that much-requested tap tempo with sub-division functionality that users have been asking for, as well as their well known emulation of the elusive and beautiful character that people look for in classic tape echo units.
- Built in the U.S.A.
- High grade components picked for their superior sound and response
- Relay true bypass with soft switches
- Battery connection and 9 V power jack (barrel plug like Boss) Please note: Battery not provided. Mains power recommended.
- Power draw: 40mA
- Sub divisions available on Tap Tempo. Quarter, eight, dotted eight and Triplet.
- About 800ms of delay time available (very slight echo deterioration is apparent after about 600m/s,).
- 3.5 x 4.5 x 1.5 in. (88.9 mm x 114.3 mm x 38.1 mm) – height excludes knobs and switches
Call or click to order today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.