- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
ZVex Vexter Series SHO Super Hard On Booster Guitar Effects Pedal
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- H70455 000001000 H70455000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The ZVex Vexter Series Super Hard On is an ultratransparent boost that goes from unity gain to an over 8-volt peak, while adding a delightful high-en...Click To Read More About This Product
Makes your guitar sound bigger and pushes your amp harder.
The ZVex Vexter Series Super Hard On is an ultratransparent boost that goes from unity gain to an over 8-volt peak, while adding a delightful high-end clarity with its 5 million-ohm input impedance.
The Vexter Super Hard On boost has a high-impedance input that refuses any current flow from your pickups, maintaining the magnetic field around each string and allowing your pickups to sound like the day they came off the winder. Its ultrahigh output then drives your amp into natural overload, solving the mystery of the disappearing guitar tone once and for all! The output level can exceed 8 volts peak, and when it finally distorts, the wave is shaped like triode overload, not fuzz.
The Vexter Super Hard On is perfect for making the most of a classic amp and guitar, because it simply makes your guitar bigger and pushes the amp harder, causing natural overload. When cranked, it sounds much louder than a fuzz or distortion under stage conditions.
WARNING: The very high input impedance of this pedal can cause strange reactions (sometimes mildly pleasant and/or arousing) when used with a vintage 'junk' (read 'cool') guitar. The solution is to simply lower the 'Crackle Okay' gain knob a little or leave the guitar volume wide open. Any problems will only occur at the highest gain settings with an unusual guitar.
- Ultratransparent boost
- High-impedance input refuses current from your pickup
- Ultrahigh output
- Goes from unity gain to in excess of 8V peak
- 2-year warranty
One knob, endless possibilities. Order now.
- Operates on 9V battery (included) or optional 9V DC adapter
- Current draw: Approximately 2mA
- Power jack: Center-negative
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.