- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Ernie Ball Music Man BFR Bongo 6 HH 6-String Electric Bass
- Write a Review
- L32550 000001000 L32550000001000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
This Ball Family Reserve bass blends a medium metallic green dual HH basswood body with a flame roasted maple neck, rosewood fingerboard and exquisit...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Amazing looks, range and versatility for the serious bassist.
This Ball Family Reserve bass blends a medium metallic green dual HH basswood body with a flame roasted maple neck, rosewood fingerboard and exquisite hand-fitted white binding. This BFR Bongo is beautifully accented with white pearl pickguard, black plastic parts and chrome plated hardware making this a very rare collectable instrument. The Bongo 6 comes standard with 18-volt 4 Band Preamp, stainless steel frets and is limited to just 67 pieces worldwide.
The Bongo 6 represents everything a modern six string bass should be: well balanced, comfortable, resonant and expressive with effortless playability. The double cutaway basswood body design is of superior construction and along with a 24 fret finished neck offers unimpeded access to high register two-octave fretwork.
Available in double humbucking and humbucking single configurations the Bongo along with its 4 band eq, Neodymium pickups, and 18V active preamp deliver a powerful combination of unparalleled tonal diversity.
Ball Family Reserve is a celebration of heritage in instrument craftsmanship, which features some of the finest figured tone woods and finishes available. These rare pieces are offered in limited production runs and allow Music Man builders to present instruments to the public that were previously reserved for family and loyal artists.
- Basswood body with gloss finish
- Flame roasted maple neck with stainless steel frets
- Humbuckers with Neodymium magnets, 18v active EQ and mini toggle
- Hardened steel bridge and ergonomic-design tuners
Take your bass playing to new extremes. Order today.
- Wood: Flame roasted maple
- Neck joint: 5-Bolt
- Scale length: 34 in.
- Truss rod: Dual-action
- Finish: Satin
- Active or passive pickups: Active
- Pickup configuration: HH
- Neck: Humbucking with Neodymium magnets
- Bridge: Humbucking with Neodymium magnets
- Brand: Music Man
- Series or parallel: Parallel
- Active preamp: Yes, 18-volt
- Special electronics: 4-band EQ
- Material: Rosewood
- Radius: 11 in.
- Fret size: High-profile, wide, stainless steel
- Number of frets: 24
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut material: Bone
- Nut width: 2.25" (57.15 mm)
- Cutaway: Double cutaway
- Construction: Solidbody
- Body wood: Basswood
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Control layout: Master volume, balance, 3-band EQ
- Pickup switch: 3-position mini toggle for parallel/split/OMG pickup modes
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: Music Man chrome plated, hardened steel bridge plate with stainless steel saddles
- Tuning machines: Custom Music Man, lightweight with tapered string posts and ergonomic design
- Color: Chrome
- Number of strings: 6
- Pickguard: Yes
- Special features: Body binding, Electronics
- Case: Hardshell case
- Country of origin: USA
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.